Thread: 2016 L83 swap... No MAF signal

2016 L83 swap... No MAF signal

We are doing a L83 swap into a 78 Scout. Everything hooked up, grounded, Vats deleted and cranking. Hooked up the Hp tuners scanner and have no MAF signal. O2 sensors are maxed out and the TPS is showing 32% with nothing on the pedal. Shows RPMs rising when cranking. MAF sensor is grounded and has power. Guy at PSI (place we got the harness from) had me change a bunch of things in the tune but it didn't help. Anyone else run into this problem? I've done a bunch of gen 3/4 swaps but this is my first gen 5. Any help would be great!

Tuner in Training
    Pedal may normal, I want to say my swap is the same, idle is normal.

MAF, have you wire tested each pin on maf to ecu/fuse? If not, start there.. could have been a simple oversight in the mod, or a pinched wire during install.

Clint

Got power and ground. Changed some things in the tune and its reading now. Still not getting any spark. Working out the bugs. thanks for the input.

If you cant get a start then this is usually the issue---GM changed the harness in 17 with the high pressure fuel sensor and a few other things. You need a harness for a 2014-16. You also need the correct ECU and calibration. If you have mismatch you will have high pressure fuel codes. Also if you can not see high fuel pressure in the scanner during crank then this is the problem. Since the wiring is incorrect in a mismatch I have seen it short out sensors like what you are having. I have seen several customers from different vendors having this issue.

Tuner in Training
    Hey there Mitch. Where you been hiding?