Thread: Jittery playback

Tuner in Training

Jittery playback

I have a 2016 iMac 27inch i5 8gm ram which I'm struggling to use RR with due to playback playing at what seems like 5FPS. I have adjusted preview parameters down to 720 25fps and it is still horribly jittery. My Mac is capable of playing the full video (1080p 50fps). Why is playing the video in race render so slow on my mac?

Sometimes the way the video was encoded can have an affect on this, but more commonly it's hitting the performance limits of the system's CPU. Being that RaceRender is designed as a video compositor (merges multiple videos, audio sources, and data graphics into one output), it decodes and processes the video in a way that serves that mission, rather than using faster methods and accelerations that are available for simple video players or traditional editors.

The most effective ways to improve preview playback performance are to choose a smaller preview image size, a lower preview rescaling quality, mute the preview audio, and ensure that there are no other programs running at the time.

Tuner in Training
    Funny coincidence, I updated to 3.7 tonight and it's running smooth as butter at 1080. Liking the "dark" theme of the window too.