Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 13 Mustang GT no start after Flash custom file

Advanced Tuner

13 Mustang GT no start after Flash custom file

VCMSuiteInfo.txt13 MUSTANG GT BOBBY JONES M6 WHIPPLE LT W CATS 93.hpt13 MUSTANG GT BOBBY JONES M6 STOCK.hpt

Anyone run in to this first time for me done plenty of mustange vcm suite info, stock file and mod file

Flash back to stock file starts up fine

load custom file won't crank flashing security light.

Email support. File probably needs patching.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    First thing I did before I posted, just hoping to solve this ASAP, Support is busy and slow to respond. Thanks Eric.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I've forwarded the ticket you opened an hour ago to Eric for review.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Is it a automatic? did you manually make the file, or did you rely on copy all differences?

If you relied on copy all differences, or copy selected differences then go back to your stock file and manual do all your calibration changes, don't use the comparison window to copy stuff. This will fix your issue if it's a auto that you copied changes too from another tune.

I had this problem once or twice - had to start from a scratch using stock file. As mentioned this is a problem related to coping using comparison window. Not sure why tho.

You will either end with no crank or no start condition - usually related to FUEL tab. I never bothered to investigate more but I'd say something's not right with fuel multipliers.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    Is it a automatic? did you manually make the file, or did you rely on copy all differences?

If you relied on copy all differences, or copy selected differences then go back to your stock file and manual do all your calibration changes, don't use the comparison window to copy stuff. This will fix your issue if it's a auto that you copied changes too from another tune.
    Where are these features you speak of? Copy all differences or copy selected differences?

Advanced Tuner

Car is a Manual, I copied fuel injector data from one tune and other stuff from some of my previous tunes from other cars probably combined stuff from 3 different files using copy selected, been doing it this way forever never ran in to this.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    I had this problem once or twice - had to start from a scratch using stock file. As mentioned this is a problem related to coping using comparison window. Not sure why tho.

You will either end with no crank or no start condition - usually related to FUEL tab. I never bothered to investigate more but I'd say something's not right with fuel multipliers.
    Thank you for your input and experience. I will look in to it, but hopefully support can get me fixed up and save a ton of time.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Email support. File probably needs patching.
    Hey Eric have you had a chance to look at this yet?

sometimes, Y and X axis change and car wont start

you need to copy over the data and look if the axis look the same

i saw a 2013 file with a space BEFORE the rpm axis like _1500 instead of 1500

and when i write the file, car wont start

went back and only copy the data and forgot the axis then bang, car start !

Advanced Tuner
    Update, I created a new file from scratch making only the most necessary changes to start the car and I am up an running, thank you all for your input on this.

I have never had a copy differences cause a no start before, we learn every day.

Advanced Tuner
    It's very common, I run into it often, another annoying one is sometimes you get crank but no-start when disabling IMRC's on s550s...

It's very common, I run into it often, another annoying one is sometimes you get crank but no-start when disabling IMRC's on s550s...
    I solved this one some time ago

Advanced Tuner
    I’ve run into it also using info that I was told you use and it would just start and stall, what was I missing?jn2 and veeefour care to shed some light on it?

There are many ways to kick a cat - you can work with removed IMRC in few different ways.

You can leave it 100% stock and just disable corresponding DTC's - which I could not recommend more. Few tweaks with VCT and your torque model is happy.

If you decide to disable IMRC in your tune be sure to keep the correlation between selected mapped points and "hardware removed" position.
    If you set all MP's to 0 make sure hardware removed is set to 0%. If you chose to select all MP's make sure that parameter is set to 100%.

Otherwise you may end with no start condition - your engine will crank and start for a second but it will die instantly.

Clipboard02.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    What about in the imrc config tab if I?m using all mapped points I set the removed postion to 100% would I also in the imrc config screen set 0-13 to open as well or leave that tab alone and tune vct in the regular mp?s to adjust for the lack of the imrc. Looking for the easiest way to disable without having to redue the cams.
    Last edited by Bill88stang; 01-26-2019 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Auto correct

Switch - disabled
    Position - disabled
    All MP's to 0

Hardware Removed - Closed
    Position - 0%

Or to OPEN and 100%.

You should disable MP's 0-13 as well and tune S550 similar to S197.

Advanced Tuner
    So I don’t need to set the whole imrc config tab to open if I’m doing it with all mapped points active? Like 0-13 are closed and 14-26 open. I was taught by someone to delete the imrc if I was going to use all the map moorings I needed to do that and also set cylair anticipation to off so that it will make the proper calculations in the sd table and then I wouldn’t need to retune the vct. Is that way off ?
    Last edited by Bill88stang; 01-27-2019 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Damn auto correct