Thread: Swapped to a ls3 style maf card & it will not run

Advanced Tuner

Swapped to a ls3 style maf card & it will not run

So I swapped to a LS3 style car on my Chevy SS. The car has an LS3 but the maf was the old school style. The car started and ran before but the MAF was not reading. I found a $12 wiring harness designed to swap the plugs and it worked great but the car won't run. It'll start and I can read the MAF but it chugs for a second and dies. If I hold the gas it says it will rev but as soon as I let out it dies.

The car had an LSA supercharger on it and we just did a ported blower, cam/head swap and a pulley.

I smelled gas and it showed a ton of misfires. I'm guessing I need to completely remap my maf? It is going from a 90mm old school style to a card style on a 4" intake. I have a tune file from a CTS-V, should I start from there? Just copy/paste that maf table. Anything else I should look into changing?

Advanced Tuner
    You need to log and adjust the maf curve.

Advanced Tuner
    I can't log it if it won't run

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JASON11WS6 View Post
    It'll start and I can read the MAF but it chugs for a second and dies. If I hold the gas it says it will rev but as soon as I let out it dies.
    Don't let off so it doesn't die....

While its running use the scanner to command closed loop and log it. Then make the adjustments to the maf curve.

Advanced Tuner
    I'll give that a shot but I was hoping someone would tell me to grab a maf curve from another car with a similar set up. I think it would get me there quicker if I started with a CTSV LSA map curve. Has anyone tried that before or should I just try adjusting it while it's barely running. When a car doesn't want to run it can't be good to force it to stay running. Just worries me a little but if swapping maf curves is worse I was just hoping for an explanation between the two ideas

Advanced Tuner
    If anyone runs into this issue I ended up tossing in the CTS-V map curve and the car started. It was still way lean and I needed to add a bunch of fuel but a quick scan revealed that and I was able to adjust accordingly.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JASON11WS6 View Post
    If anyone runs into this issue I ended up tossing in the CTS-V map curve and the car started. It was still way lean and I needed to add a bunch of fuel but a quick scan revealed that and I was able to adjust accordingly.
    I started with an ls3 vette personally (scaled for a 4" tube) and then verified by logging dynamic air into a maf hz diagram with the car in SD.