Thread: MPVI1 and MPVI2 credit question

Advanced Tuner

MPVI1 and MPVI2 credit question

Greetings.

Ive decided to hold on to my MPVI1 (for various reasons) and purchase a MPVI2 Pro outright. Can I have my MPVI1 credits on BOTH units or will their credits be separate?

Thanks in advance.
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    They will be separate, just one more reason to upgrade rather than holding onto your old hardware.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    They will be separate, just one more reason to upgrade rather than holding onto your old hardware.
    Can I change VINs and load different/custom OS's (if they are available) with the MPVI2? Besides standalone logging, what CAN'T I do with the MPVI2. I always log with my laptop so that's not a biggie for me.
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    Can I change VINs and load different/custom OS's (if they are available) with the MPVI2? Besides standalone logging, what CAN'T I do with the MPVI2. I always log with my laptop so that's not a biggie for me.
    Let me list the things the MPVI2 can't do that the MPVI1 can since it will be a much shorter list:
    standalone datalogging.
    /list
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Let me list the things the MPVI2 can't do that the MPVI1 can since it will be a much shorter list:
    standalone datalogging.
    /list
    LOL! OK! Well at least I know what / means. I work in I.T. professionally.

Tuner in Training
    Hi guys,

I just bought 2 credits for my 2005 Chrysler 300C 3.5L V6. I connected the hardware to my laptop, resync it, it said that 2 credits were added. I then connected the MPVI2 via the usb cable to the vehicle. I clicked write vehicle the license info window popped up, I clicked license options, then added the 2 credits, it asked me if I was sure I wanted to add the credits to that specific vehicle, I clicked yes. But when I click on write now it says "unlicensed vehicle". Why is that? Did I miss something?
    When I go to licence information I see that I already have credits for two cars...When I went through all this the editor was able to read the car's vin , model etc...why is it saying this now? Do I need verification code or something?

thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    moto_ivanov I did this same thing, My problem ended up i was reading pcm and tcm together and tried to write a change to the pcm with out licensing the tcm. I had to do a read on pcm only and write that change to the pcm. Do another read on your car and ONLY read pcm and make changes to that and it should work.

Tuner in Training
    FstdodgeKY, thanks for the reply.
    But in the vehicle supported list is written that I only need 2 credits for both PCM and TCM.
    I wrote to tech support and I am waiting for their reply now.