Thread: new laptop trying to add 2 interfaces getting "unlicensed interface" on 2nd

Tuner in Training

new laptop trying to add 2 interfaces getting "unlicensed interface" on 2nd

I have a new laptop with which i have already added 1 interface. I am trying to add my 2nd interface and it will not come up as licensed. If I click the info button both interfaces and both sets of licenses come up but if I try to use the 2nd it shows "unlicensed interface".
    Thanks
    Michael

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Make sure you are running software version 4.2.12 or NEWER, if you are using older software that could be causing your issue.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Make sure you are running software version 4.2.12 or NEWER, if you are using older software that could be causing your issue.
    Ok so i downloaded the latest version and still the same issue. when I go to check application keys ect... it only shows the one interface not the other.
    in the info screen it does not show an application key for the 2nd interface only for the original.
    Thanks'Michael

Tuner in Training
    It does show the device id in the info screen and all of the attached licenses but no application key. also in the licesnse info screen it does not show the newer interface.
    Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    sounds like you need to enter your application key under help-application keys
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Bill!!