Thread: How to tune for a 100bar map sensor

Tuner in Training

How to tune for a 100bar map sensor

I entered the values of the sensor on the boost to pressure conversion but at idle it shows -10lbs of boost. Do you have to make the conversion in absolute pressure or do you take 14.7lbs off absolute?

Banned
    Map sensors read absolute

Tuner in Training
    I got the sesnsor to read correct thanks for your answer. Im brand new to tuning so i may ask some dumb stuff. I also added values for a 2400bar rail sensor and now when i flat foot the truck it falls on its face and then picks back up again very harshly like you were getting out of the throttle then laying it on the mat again. Its a 2005 cummins. Any thoughts on what i have going on?

Im still be to all this also, but you should log it and see what is going on when it happens.

Banned
    Added values for a 2400bar rail pressure sensor? Not sure how you add but you can certainly rescale. That?s where I would begin, making sure it is scaled correctly.

Tuner in Training
    I think that it is scaled correctly because it reads the correct pressure at idle, according to the pressure table. Im sorry i dont know the correct terms to use either. When i said i added values i meant rescaled. I got the problem worked out where it was falling down flat and picking back up. It was the values in the tranient fueling table were higher than the pedal values. Now for some reason im calling for 28,000lbs of rail pressure in hp tuners but my logger says its only commanding for about 23,000. Lol back to the drawing board.