Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8 Speed Truck - 3-4 shift flare when cold

I also find after loading a tune the flare seems to be OK as well as the rest of the drivability when cold. As I get more time on it, I can tell the adaptive features are over correcting and then trying to adjust.

I have an email into support to see if the newer files can get access to some of this. I don't have a response yet.

I am also going to change to the newer fluid in the TSB this week. It seems to be acting up more when cold the more miles I put on it. We will see if that helps after a few flushed and a final filter change. I want to flush all the fluids anyway in the drivertrain to ensure proper level and get out and debris from manufacturing if there were cleanliness issues.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Thanks a lot for sharing. Looking forward to hearing how the different fluid affects it. Hope it works well for you.