Thread: LNF config no PIDs ?

LNF config no PIDs ?

Hi,

Just been trough the LNF bible guide and loading up the scanner LNF.cfg file I do not have most of the important stuff. No TDD, no torque values, no boost lo res.

Can only log MAfv, spark, spark retard.

Dealing with some negative timing being applied between 2k and 3k during boost which I think is related to a torque calculation error but can not log anyhting.

What should I do.l

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    that thread is for the old V3 software and the functions do not transfer over as complete.
    you need to connect to your vehicle and re-poll for parameters (edit menu iirc)
    after this you need to hunt down everything you wish to record and add it to the channel list. now you can make your custom histograms to match like the videos and guides advertise.

unless, someone is kind enough to cough up a V4 configuration file set.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

I did tried to re-poll but only manage to get a few more pids. Still cant see the torque related stuff.

Thanks for the help.

The cobalt is running with a solstice GXP PCM and I can not see the reason why it would be pulling out so much timing in the same 2000-3000 rpm region at full load. Here is the tune file with the log.

Also the fuel trim pid does not work. I am running a brand new bosch lsu 4.9 sensor and tuning with my dyno wideband. Car is still on the rich side at high rpm and full load but seems to be taking a lot of time to switch in PE mode.ICAR_SOLSTICE_REV6.hpttiming_pull3gear.hpl

the vehicle has an oem installed wideband. the main o2 for these ecu's are not narrows. i typically pull my afr straight out of the ecu.
    shoot for .86 lambda in pe. these run lean as hell. i ran 30 psi at .85 on my gt30 setup.

check out the lnf tuning instructions for maf. it should be in the lnf bible thread. (see signature links) fuel errors cause knock sort this and boost out first.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    the vehicle has an oem installed wideband. the main o2 for these ecu's are not narrows. i typically pull my afr straight out of the ecu.
    shoot for .86 lambda in pe. these run lean as hell. i ran 30 psi at .85 on my gt30 setup.

check out the lnf tuning instructions for maf. it should be in the lnf bible thread. (see signature links) fuel errors cause knock sort this and boost out first.
    Thanks for your support cobaltssoverbooster, it is much appreciated. I also was not looking at the right bank like an idiot So since my fuel trims are adding quite a lot of fuel, the ecu is pulling back on the timing ? And all this time I was thinking it was related to the TtL or the MAL table...

Because I could see it's not knocking, I did a run with a lot less timing and it still pulled back in the same zone.

I guess I will strap it back and properly tune it, I struggle to find a E69 pcm and had like an hour to play with it before the race.

Thanks again

It's not so much that fuel trims are large so it must pull timing. It's more the result of loading up the cylinder with too much fuel. These motors don't really like to be to far away from correct fuel values so fixing fueling can cause kr to go away.
    If not you should try changing the load in that area. This could be done with cams or torque requests from the dal table.

Hello again,

Well I had another go at that car. Was dialing up the maf curve to be on target. Issue I am having now is that the scanner shows ''CL status-FAULT'' after a few minutes of driving around. No DTC's.

Went ahead and swapped the wideband sensor and still does the same thing.

Spend the credits and license a file for the correct year of cobalt SS you are tuning, and do a write entire of it over the solstice file. What MAP sensors are on the car, factory or the 3bar from the stage 1 kit? If 3 bar either use a stage 1 tune file, or change the MAP sensor values in the diagnostic section of the tune.

3Bar sensors use a single bolt to hold them in, the stock ones use two bolts.