Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone used HPT yet to tune 03-04 cobras ?

Potential Tuner

Anyone used HPT yet to tune 03-04 cobras ?

So has anyone used HPT to tune any 03-04 Cobras ? Trying to get one running has VMP5000, ID1000s, Return style fuel system and twins.

Attempted to on a 2003 Car. Started with a stock tune file (car was stock other than pulley and injectors) and imputed 60lb Siemens injector data flashed the car and it went bonkers. Would have sent this all into HPT but he decided to rip the stock junk off and put a PNP Haltech Elite on the car.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Potential Tuner
    Sounds like same Problem here. Cant get it to work cars pig rich no matter what If you try and plug the numbers in like you would with SCT.

Tuner in Training
    I'm having the same problem with my 04 GT car us running stupid rich and i cannot figure it out, mine is not a cobra but I have added a vortech v2 supercharger and had another member help me out but ut is still jacked up. it also dont help that you can not use the vcm scanner

What is your minimum pw, comp mult vs batt voltage, breakpoint, and breakpoint multiplier? These cars are stupid sensitive to those numbers.

There is something wrong in the editor or something because I logged raw PW with my dyno and with the canned tune from the SCT (going from memory) the pulsewidth was in the 2-3ms region on the stock injectors at idle. Flash the Ford data for SD60's in and idle PW was 10ms. Dang WB pegged 0.50 lambda.
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Senior Tuner
    I agree. Something is up. I suspect it does something strange like converting to g/s starting with different unit when it doesn't need to or something like that. I've tuned these with other software and some I've scaled manually with big injectors and not has any issue but I can't get the ones I've tried to run from HP Tuners with bigger injectors

Tuner in Training
    We tune these regularly and I can tell you that there is definitely something wrong with the injector scaling with HPT. if using hpt, we have to start with stock injector data and modify by percent until we get it right. have tried logging and inputting numbers until my head hurt and it just doesn't work. start with the stock injector data and notice the car runs much better and then just scale little by little until you get it smooth

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    I agree. Something is up. I suspect it does something strange like converting to g/s starting with different unit when it doesn't need to or something like that. I've tuned these with other software and some I've scaled manually with big injectors and not has any issue but I can't get the ones I've tried to run from HP Tuners with bigger injectors
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyle_greenhill View Post
    We tune these regularly and I can tell you that there is definitely something wrong with the injector scaling with HPT. if using hpt, we have to start with stock injector data and modify by percent until we get it right. have tried logging and inputting numbers until my head hurt and it just doesn't work. start with the stock injector data and notice the car runs much better and then just scale little by little until you get it smooth
    Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    There is something wrong in the editor or something because I logged raw PW with my dyno and with the canned tune from the SCT (going from memory) the pulsewidth was in the 2-3ms region on the stock injectors at idle. Flash the Ford data for SD60's in and idle PW was 10ms. Dang WB pegged 0.50 lambda.
    What is your ticket number through support so I can check the status?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    I never even created a ticket. I was just waiting it out for the bugs to be worked out before I started direct flash tuning these cars with HP Tuners. I guess we've all been doing the same though.

Potential Tuner
    Wow, Thanks for info guys. Glad to see I was not the only one having trouble.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    I never even created a ticket. I was just waiting it out for the bugs to be worked out before I started direct flash tuning these cars with HP Tuners. I guess we've all been doing the same though.
    Here's the thing,if nobody reports it to us we assume that all our work was good and we move onto new projects. Until it gets reported we can't even look into it.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    I have over a dozen 03 cobras here at the shop. I do not use hptuners for them but I won a mvpi2 at pri. If yall want to donate credits for testing I'd be willing to get to the bottom of it.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Holy crap, Decipha is in here!?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Here's the thing,if nobody reports it to us we assume that all our work was good and we move onto new projects. Until it gets reported we can't even look into it.
    I would have reported this but it was a buddy that had one that we were messing with. I won't see another one all year so going forward I would be little help on the subject. That buddy said F the stock ecu junk and put a Haltech in it too so even that car I don't have access to anymore.
    ShorTuning

Advanced Tuner
    Does anyone know if this will affect 04 trucks as well? Has me worried as I just purchased injectors for a f150.

Advanced Tuner
    look at FBFG2TF 2004 Mustang GT That data points are not correct for the all the injector Data. HI slope, Low Slope, Break Point, and MIN Pulse Width can input ok, it all the multiplier for offsets that the data is incomplete.. does anyone else experience the same thing ?

Tuner in Training
    Was this issue ever resolved ?

I just plugged in all of the data provided by Injector Dynamics to run their 725's in our 2002 Mustang GT.

Tuner in Training
    Does anyone know if there is a ticket open on this issue I can reference ?

I am a few days from startup and I do not want to flood our brand new engine with fuel using this software.

Tuner in Training
    I think I may have found something in regards to the EEC-V and the injector data multiplier tables causing grief. Did you guys rescale the PSI data points to match the new plug and play data points from the injector companies ? That was the first thing I did.

Starting with a stock file and multiplying by % keeps the 0 - 128 PSI data points as they were originally in the EEC-V .

Decipha - www.efidynotuning.com
    On eec-v never change the 128 psi and 0 psi table values in the fuel injector deltap multiplier functions.