Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone used HPT yet to tune 03-04 cobras ?

Tuner in Training
    I figured I would update this as I successfully flashed the EEC-V on our 2002 Mustang GT today and did not run pig rich as above . It idled stable in open loop.

I made sure all tables had the stock EEC-V starting and ending points (fuel and maf) and used the stock Offset Multi vs Pressure as HPT adds a decimal place the OEM table doesnt have and I could not get rid of it so I went with the stock table to be safe. Idle was 11.2 - 11.5 on both wide bands and stable in open loop.

I am running poorly in closed loop which brings me to the next issue. This scanner will not log any data. Nothing. We tried all day and when it does connect the scanner It will not record anything. So I am dead in the water again.

Ticket number is 170129 if any support see this.

I hope that table info helps somebody. There is a wealth of info on www.efidynotuning.com for EEC-V .

Weedwaka, good info. I did adjust the axis on the car I tuned to update exactly what the Ford data breakpoints were. The 0 and 128 axis was probably my issue.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedwaka View Post
    I figured I would update this as I successfully flashed the EEC-V on our 2002 Mustang GT today and did not run pig rich as above . It idled stable in open loop.

I made sure all tables had the stock EEC-V starting and ending points (fuel and maf) and used the stock Offset Multi vs Pressure as HPT adds a decimal place the OEM table doesnt have and I could not get rid of it so I went with the stock table to be safe. Idle was 11.2 - 11.5 on both wide bands and stable in open loop.

I am running poorly in closed loop which brings me to the next issue. This scanner will not log any data. Nothing. We tried all day and when it does connect the scanner It will not record anything. So I am dead in the water again.

Ticket number is 170129 if any support see this.

I hope that table info helps somebody. There is a wealth of info on www.efidynotuning.com for EEC-V .
    Did you poll the vehicle for supported parameters? What version of VCM Suite are you using?
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Tuner in Training
    4.2.12 on the scanner. I really regret sending in the MPVI as the MPVI could log this vehicles basic PIDs.

Yes on polling supported PIDs. I understand HPT is aware of the issues with MPVI2 and the EECV from other threads I have found. Just hope they get it fixed asap.

I've found and fixed the issue causing the Cobra's not to respond.

Latest beta (4.5.184) should fix you guys up. Let me know if you have further issues with EEC-V cars not responding to changes.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    I've found and fixed the issue causing the Cobra's not to respond.

Latest beta (4.5.184) should fix you guys up. Let me know if you have further issues with EEC-V cars not responding to changes.
    Eric,
    Will this update allow the MPVI PRO 1 to read and connect to the 04 cars? or at least be able to Data Log? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mstang_man View Post
    look at FBFG2TF 2004 Mustang GT That data points are not correct for the all the injector Data. HI slope, Low Slope, Break Point, and MIN Pulse Width can input ok, it all the multiplier for offsets that the data is incomplete.. does anyone else experience the same thing ?
    yes,i noticed that a long time ago. but I cant find anybody who will admit it, or what is the fix or correct thing to use there . without knowing what to do with all that, im stuck on where to go from here. if I enter it as I think it "should" be , it basically washed the rings out. fantastic.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mach View Post
    yes,i noticed that a long time ago. but I cant find anybody who will admit it, or what is the fix or correct thing to use there . without knowing what to do with all that, im stuck on where to go from here. if I enter it as I think it "should" be , it basically washed the rings out. fantastic.
    I was able to connect to an 04 mach 1, it read the PIDS and i was allowed to select the PIDS i wanted, but when i went to try and start data logging it tries to start but then stops. not sure if its a driver issue or software issue. I tried the beta release 4.5919

Advanced Tuner
    had an eec-v car come to me with an hpt base tune on it. Read it out and the minpw scalar was maxed out.

I highly recommend setting the minpw scalar to 0 in all tunes to prevent this issue.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    had an eec-v car come to me with an hpt base tune on it. Read it out and the minpw scalar was maxed out.

I highly recommend setting the minpw scalar to 0 in all tunes to prevent this issue.
    i do have that set at 0 currently. its the offset multipliers that seem to have something wacko

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post

That would likely be the fault of the tuner, and not the software.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

i do have that set at 0 currently. its the offset multipliers that seem to have something wacko
    This has been fixed.

Lost fuel tables have been added as well.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    yup, on a different note ERIC when i try and start data logging it tries to start but then stops. not sure if its a driver issue or software issue. I tried the beta release 4.5919 vehicle is a 2004 MACH 1. PCM TMX2. any info would be great..

yup, on a different note ERIC when i try and start data logging it tries to start but then stops. not sure if its a driver issue or software issue. I tried the beta release 4.5919 vehicle is a 2004 MACH 1. PCM TMX2. any info would be great..
    I have this same exact issue. I got lucky one Time and it logged for like 2 minutes while idling and then i blipped the throttle and it immediately locked up. I won't even attempt to tune it until i can log it. These ECU's are known for having a small amount of bandwidth available but the SCT software works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    This has been fixed.

Lost fuel tables have been added as well.
    interesting.. what is involved with the fix? do I need to download something to do such?

interesting.. what is involved with the fix? do I need to download something to do such?
    Just update to the latest beta software and you should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by JaegerWrenching View Post
    Just update to the latest beta software and you should be good.
    will do. you know. its kinda hard to learn this stuff starting out with so much against you.lol

Advanced Tuner
    Jaeger Wrenching what is the version you are using? beta release 4.5919

Jaeger Wrenching what is the version you are using? beta release 4.5919
    from the day the ECU was supported until 4.55 was the last one i tried, just updated to 4.9 so we will see how this goes now.

will do. you know. its kinda hard to learn this stuff starting out with so much against you.lol
    This is very true! you just gotta learn and try things. Nothing is better than making some changes data logging and seeing what happens, if you don't like your change undo it and try something else.