Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone used HPT yet to tune 03-04 cobras ?

Quote Originally Posted by JaegerWrenching View Post
    This is very true! you just gotta learn and try things. Nothing is better than making some changes data logging and seeing what happens, if you don't like your change undo it and try something else.
    well, id really prefer this stuff be right before I continue. ive already washed the rings out enough to say its probably a lost cause at this point.

Advanced Tuner
    MACH what are you working on? 03 or 04 Cobra? what is it the maf your trying to dial in?

Tuner in Training
    I have been trying to primarily use hptuners out of our shop I have successfully done 2 eec mustangs now. Issue with the Injector data still haunts me and the logging just doesn’t work. If I try to log it locks up and I have to disconnect the mpv2 and plug it back in. Is there a fix coming for the logger.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by notsobroke View Post
    Is there a fix coming for the logger.
    Ive had that issue with the EEC's. Have you tried the latest Beta? I had a ticket in for this issue. They told me to get the latest beta. This should fix the issue. I havent had a chance to log another Ford yet...
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by mstang_man View Post
    MACH what are you working on? 03 or 04 Cobra? what is it the maf your trying to dial in?
    mach 1. I never got far enough to dial in the maf.

Quote Originally Posted by mach View Post
    mach 1. I never got far enough to dial in the maf.
    I'm having the same issue trying to tune a fully built 04 mustang, not a cobra. Last tuner charged the guy and left, wont return his calls. Car runs so rich gas was pushing out the exhaust at idle. Got the correct data for the injectors and got it to stop running as rich but still issues l, cars pops and back fires as soon as I hit the gas at all. I can only assume it's the voltage table for the injectors but at this point I'm not sure if it's the data or it washed the rings out from running so rich. Going to compression test next week but would like to know for sure it's not bad injector data. Just not a whole lot of info out on these cars yet for hp tuners

Tuner in Training
    Message me if you're interested anyone..send me your files and I'll get them corrected and explain the calculations. It's quite easy actually. It took me awhile but I got it👌

Quote Originally Posted by Jekqmb1234 View Post
    Message me if you're interested anyone..send me your files and I'll get them corrected and explain the calculations. It's quite easy actually. It took me awhile but I got it👌
    well here is my files, I believe injector data to be correct now and working on scaling the stock maf sensor. let me know your thoughts

aus injector data.hpt
    AUSInjection_56010-650_FORD.xlsx

Advanced Tuner
    So just to add to this thread for info. I started working on a 2003 Terminator that had 60lb injectors in it. Customer switched to DW 95lb injectors. I downloaded the tune with HPTUNERS, and Without even touching the tune yet, fuel trims were already +30%. Keep in mind, it was tuned with sct prior and fuel trims were within 5%. I then, entered the DW injector data and flashed the tune with my mpvi2, and she is tremendously lean now. Just for shits n giggles, I entered 9.68 for stoich and it brought the stfts closer to +10%. Doesnt make sense. The car should have gone completely rich. What gives?
    Last edited by STAGEUP; 02-20-2020 at 08:15 PM.
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A

Advanced Tuner
    lean is odd

but be sure you scale it below the injector clip limit

http://www.efidynotuning.com/fuel.htm
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Tuner in Training
    I went to someones house last night with a 2004 2v 4.6 and atgempted to tune it with my MPVI1 and it would not recognize the car. Luckily the guy had an HP Tuners MPVI2 that we plugged in and it worked fine. The older 4.6 files are much different than the newer files lol

Quote Originally Posted by LS4PWR View Post
    I went to someones house last night with a 2004 2v 4.6 and atgempted to tune it with my MPVI1 and it would not recognize the car. Luckily the guy had an HP Tuners MPVI2 that we plugged in and it worked fine. The older 4.6 files are much different than the newer files lol
    MPVI1 doesnt support mustangs.