Thread: Wastegate shut off at 96

Tuner in Training

Wastegate shut off at 96

My Barometric is 11.7 to 12.0 Any wastegate model, spark or fuel models seem to have this issue when I tune for higher boost to make up for DA turns off at 95-96 mph. I see a max of 225 kpa map first and second so I am in safe range. Anyone know how to avoid this besides moving? 96 error.hpl

I dont think it is speed dependent, I believe it is dependent on the amount of time you are getting insufficient fuel flow. At the top of 2nd, you can see where the insufficient fuel flow error pops up, then right after boost drops off it reports it again. Manually put it in 4ty with ththe paddles and make a pull, I'm sure that up in the 5000 range it will lose boost again due to insufficient fuel flow.

Go to Engine -> Torque Management -> Driver Demand -> AT OSS Modifier. Set all rpm cells at 356 and 571 pedal position (or 90-100% depending on your operating system) all to 1.000. This will drop boost a bit in higher gears to match 1-2 gears boost level.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks It's a 16 3.5 in an F150. I did look at a few tunes and I am over fuel pressure. I did a few adjustments to fuel pressure (2350) and will test. I have a meth kit going in and that "should" help on the fuel pressure

It will, I have one on my Sho. I was dropping to less than 800 psi at peak torque...after the meth kit with 50% methanol, it stays within 80 psi of target.