Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: table rpm limit

Tuner in Training

table rpm limit

I have my rpm limiters set to 4500rpms but lots of the tables still don't read as high as the limiters? is there something I need to do to make tables read more rpms?

Tuner
    I dont think the tables will change

Banned
    Want your tables to go higher up in rpm just change the axis values

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Want your tables to go higher up in rpm just change the axis values
    hey Jim mind taking a look at my tune in the tune critique thread?

Tuner in Training
    can you explain to me how to change the axis values? I have built a file and it runs decent but I cant get the engine to fuel over about 3000rpm. ive tried several different things on the governor setting but nothing has worked so far. this the file if anyone would like to look at it for me thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    the last post was wrong file this is it sorry.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned
    Of course it won?t fuel above 3000 and it?s not because of the rpm axis values in your tables. You?ve barely even touched your rpm limiters and you are allowing to begin defuel calculations at the stock setting of 1400rpm.

Banned
    You also need to adjust A LOT more then just your transient tables

Tuner in Training
    lol I'm really new to this tuning stuff and I know to you guys my questions seem really retarded but to me i'm just trying to learn so bare with me a bit. jim do you do any remote sessions like thru team viewer or anything for assistance? Or can you walk me through any of this?

Tuner in Training
    I really need to have a better understanding of hp tuners software. I think if someone just explained some of the tables to me like what the mean and what they are there for I would catch on quicker.

send me a pm
    03 cummins,175% flux injectors,dual cp3,s467.7/83 1.00
    Nv5600 with valair triple disc clutch

Banned
    No your questions aren?t retarded, same as everyone else that?s new to it. I can do team viewer for sure and setup your rpm limiters, pm me your team viewer info and let me know of a time that will work for you. Your transient tables are used under certain conditions, can?t remember the exact number but let?s just say a transient condition is described as a rate of change in rpm?s greater than 200rpm/second, so under fast acceleration. Outside of that the ecm will be using one of the air density tables, for most it will be the high air density tables.

Tuner in Training
    What time zone are you on? Im on est. You can pm me if you want and I'll getcha my phone number. I really just need a crash course and some direction. I appreciate your help.

Banned
    I?m mountain time, 3 hours behind you I think

Tuner in Training
    Yep im from ky

Tuner
    I noticed transient rail pressure you have 200Mpa on the big end. For a daily tune I wouldnt run more than 160Mpa and on a "race tune" ive been told to not go above 180Mpa. Hopefully you can get online with Jim and he should be able to teach you a ton!
    2004.5, built 48re, Fass lift pump, s364.5 with a s483 compounds, ARP studs, 103# valve springs, 110hp injectors, 669hp 1075ftlbs

Banned
    Yes the rail pressure is dangerously high for 5.9l injectors, it will rapidly shorten their life and won?t be long before they begin leaking and eventually stick open

Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    No your questions aren?t retarded, same as everyone else that?s new to it. I can do team viewer for sure and setup your rpm limiters, pm me your team viewer info and let me know of a time that will work for you. Your transient tables are used under certain conditions, can?t remember the exact number but let?s just say a transient condition is described as a rate of change in rpm?s greater than 200rpm/second, so under fast acceleration. Outside of that the ecm will be using one of the air density tables, for most it will be the high air density tables.
    I was wondering on transient a bit as well. That clears it up some. So would i be correct in thinking that when i mash the pedal quickly and get lots of black smoke that i should be altering trans tables somewhere?
    2004.5 Cummins.
    Borgwarner 13009097047 s300sxe 63-73 compressor 63/80 super core turbine housing 80mm .83 A/R Twin Scroll Housing,
    50HP BMS/Exergy Injectors
    BD T4 manifold,
    BD CAI,
    5" turbo back exhaust,
    turbosmart ext wastegate,
    BD lift pump with 2 mic filter and h2o separator,
    banks intercooler, Banks intake horn,
    slightly built tranny.......

Banned
    Most likely a bit of both transient and which ever air density table you are running in, when you initially stomp down the go pedal your rpms aren?t really moving much so it will take a little bit to reach the threshold of switching to transient

Got it. Having a tough time getting rid of the smoke on takeoff. Any thoughts?