Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: table rpm limit

Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Pilot is going to play a large role in the white smoke, cold enough ambient temperatures white smoke is unavoidable.
    Thanks. Ill work on rp and timing on main and pilot. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the help.
    2004.5 Cummins.
    Borgwarner 13009097047 s300sxe 63-73 compressor 63/80 super core turbine housing 80mm .83 A/R Twin Scroll Housing,
    50HP BMS/Exergy Injectors
    BD T4 manifold,
    BD CAI,
    5" turbo back exhaust,
    turbosmart ext wastegate,
    BD lift pump with 2 mic filter and h2o separator,
    banks intercooler, Banks intake horn,
    slightly built tranny.......

Banned
    Pilot quantity will need to be worked on as well

Potential Tuner
    Very helpful thread, thanks guys... but any update? Curious how it's going and if you've had time to drive it.

I tried going both directions on rp, timing, etc. I just can't seem to Ditch the smoke. Im going to try enabling part throttle gov, lower torque fuel limit, and smoke limit next. Truck runs phenomenal, just smokes. Ill try and test this week and post back.

Played around a bit today with only a little luck. Lowered my pw in idle and low rpm range and got rid of a fair bit of smoke there. Still not having much luck with the mid range cruising rpm range smoke. Tried lowering smoke limit with only a slight decrease in smoke if any. When i power brake i can smoke out the neighborhood

Question, is there any danger to lowering injection pulse too much?
    2004.5 Cummins.
    Borgwarner 13009097047 s300sxe 63-73 compressor 63/80 super core turbine housing 80mm .83 A/R Twin Scroll Housing,
    BD T4 manifold,
    BD CAI,
    5" turbo back exhaust,

No. Only thing that happens if you lower too much is maybe it will lope at idle or mightstart a bithard if you lower it in the wrong spot.

This thread helped me a ton. A shout out to Jim and Dom for sending me some tunes. I was able to work of of these as well as another from Steve on the Cummind forum and put together a tune with very little to no rattle. I am still smokin, but now I can start taking small steps to reduce that. Feel free to check out this tune and let me know what you think. I am lowering smoke limit on my next version to start. Let me know if you guys see anything else that maybe causing smoke when accelerating from a stop as well as my cruising speed.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2004.5 Cummins.
    BD T4 manifold,
    BD CAI,
    5" turbo back exhaust,