Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: table rpm limit

Banned
    Base DC #2.png

This Base DC may be more helpful for you

Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Base DC #2.png

This Base DC may be more helpful for you
    Ill try that tomorrow. Im real close with this new tune attached. It is at least tolerable. Rail pressure on the low end helped that part a ton. It's not helping quite as much in the mid range. Do you think I could up it in the 1600 to 1800 rpm range at all?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2004.5 Cummins.
    Borgwarner 13009097047 s300sxe 63-73 compressor 63/80 super core turbine housing 80mm .83 A/R Twin Scroll Housing,
    50HP BMS/Exergy Injectors
    BD T4 manifold,
    BD CAI,
    5" turbo back exhaust,
    turbosmart ext wastegate,
    BD lift pump with 2 mic filter and h2o separator,
    banks intercooler, Banks intake horn,
    slightly built tranny.......

Banned
    Before messing with anything any further you need to fix your rail pressure regulation. It?s not meeting what you are commanding in your rail pressure tables. Try the last Base DC picture I posted, data log it and post up the log and I can check to see if it?s reaching desired yet.

Banned
    If we don?t get your rail pressure meeting desired it?s going to be an endless battle for you and won?t be getting it running the way it should be

Banned
    With the base dc adjustments making a bit more power your rp is probably following desired more closer now. When you have a chance take a log and post it up and I?ll check. Might be fighting against rail pressure air density corrections as well. Once rail pressure is up where it should be(following desired) it will help lots then further adjustments can be made.

Banned
    Where?d your last post go? Was going to download your latest tune. Post it up again with a log when you are able to

Banned
    Base DC #3.png

Another Base DC table you can try, this should help more in the lower mm3 area.

Banned
    high rpm settings.png

Enhanced01, here's rpm settings to get you above 3000rpm.

Tried the settings for the rp. Not much improvement on smoke. I thought at first it may have been, but a couple hard throttles and it lays a screen. Basically its happening when the truck is not spooled and in a semi lugging stage. I try not to lug it, but sometimes it just happens without control when you have an auto trans. I changed smoke limit to stock on this one as well. No help. I have no problem passing 3000 rpm. I was having bucking issues some time ago, but all good now. I am not sure what was holding it back.

How does smoke limit work? Higher number = more fuel less smoke limiting?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Noah; 02-01-2019 at 01:07 PM.
    2004.5 Cummins.
    Borgwarner 13009097047 s300sxe 63-73 compressor 63/80 super core turbine housing 80mm .83 A/R Twin Scroll Housing,
    BD T4 manifold,
    BD CAI,
    5" turbo back exhaust,

Banned
    The smoke limit is a lambda equivalence ratio table, if I remember correctly the higher the number the closer to stoiciometric it allows it run, of course that?s all calculated assumptions as the ecm doesn?t actually read air/fuel ratio. Take a quick log and post it up, I?ll compare your actual RP to a table your desired and a table you don?t have access to. I?m pretty sure from your previous log and posted tune you are fighting altitude derates on your rail pressure, not allowing the rail pressure to meet up with desired which is going to cause higher pulsewidth. Low rail pressure, high pulsewidth, especially at your altitude the fuel is going to have a hard time actually properly combusting till that turbo is pushing enough air.

Banned
    Nevermind, you did post up a log lol. it wasn't showing on my phone when I was looking at it.

Banned
    It's certainly much better your rail pressure now, there's a few spots that need a bit more tweaking in the Base DC table but greatly improved, once those few spots are sorted out then rail pressure itself will be in need of some adjustment. Was that log with that Base DC table like 5 posts back or the second one I gave you yesterday?

Banned
    rail pressure.png

Try this rail pressure in addition to the Base DC table I posted up earlier today.
    Last edited by Jim P; 02-01-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Banned
    Sorry for the lack of posting up a sample you can compare and copy from, my HP tuner stuff to be able to make samples and what not is sitting at UPD like 6 hours away that I can?t go pick up till the 11th

The base DC was the one you gave me yesterday. Ill give that RP a try. It might be a while before I can give it a good test though.
    2004.5 Cummins.
    BD T4 manifold,
    BD CAI,
    5" turbo back exhaust,

Banned
    I would try the rp with Base DC posted further up on this page that I posted today. You got a couple spots where it?s still struggling a little to make desired rp, the one further up on this page will get it the rest of the way so it won?t be struggling to meet desired in the remaining spots.

That broth rp within about 500 psi of the table settings. Still smoke. Smoke a bit worse when cold ect. Smoke seems a little whiter too. With the rp bumped up to the settings suggested. Slightly more rattle at idle. Ill try bringing back down.

Banned
    Being within 500psi of desired is where you want to be so I would call your Base DC table good, you?ll want to play with your main and pilot timing, pilot quantity and rail pressure now

Banned
    When rail pressure is changed timing will need to be changed with it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    That broth rp within about 500 psi of the table settings. Still smoke. Smoke a bit worse when cold ect. Smoke seems a little whiter too. With the rp bumped up to the settings suggested. Slightly more rattle at idle. Ill try bringing back down.
    Pilot is going to play a large role in the white smoke, cold enough ambient temperatures white smoke is unavoidable.