Thread: Need a Tune for Cadillac CTS 2.0T 93 Octane

Potential Tuner

Need a Tune for Cadillac CTS 2.0T 93 Octane

Hey everyone.
    I made a mistake of buying from RPM-Motorsports.com. After spending over $700. I did get the large throttle body and down pipe but it's been over 15 months. They never sent me the tuner.
    I purchased my own MPVI2 tuner. All I need now is the tune.

I have the LTG 2.0L Turbo.
    I want it to run on 93 octane.
    I have the modded throttle body. I believe it's 65mm
    I have the CAT delete down pipe.

Can you send the file to my email please.

[email protected]

Thanks

I have been tuning some of the fastest 2.0t stuff around. I can tune the car at the same time teach you the system. email me if interested
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihab View Post
    upload your files
    Done. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lt1z350 View Post
    I have been tuning some of the fastest 2.0t stuff around. I can tune the car at the same time teach you the system. email me if interested
    I live in Orlando. I can go to Jacksonville. Give me your contact info at my email so we can get together. [email protected]
    Thanks

Potential Tuner
    Come on guys. Help a brother out.

Tuner
    WillieCTS,

I didn't open it, but from the name of the file, that's just your stock controller read?
    If so, my understanding is that you want someone on this forum to tune the car for you? From my observation that's not how this forum works, if your questions are too general nobody will answer. If you are trying to learn, ask for specific advice, and technical questions, you will get very useful, technical answers.
    From your post to me it seems like you should bug that company to give you a tune.

you asked for help so here it is. The best advice i can give you ( and this won't necessarily be popular opinion on this forum ) if you plan to keep your modifications mild, the best thing you can do is take that throttle off and put the stock one back. Unless you are making a 500 hp monster that needs the larger throttle body orifice , the stock throttle body is not restrict you.
    I can even prove it, at maximum air flow the pressure drop across the throttle is 1 to 2 kpa, on a boosted vehicle that makes 240kPa MAP, that's 0.5 to 1%, a gain that can easily be made up with the turbo. You don't believe me, record a few WOTs, and you tell me the pressure drop between the TIAP and MAP.

The larger throttle body messes with the entire torque control architecture. it changes ALL the throttle control calculations, all the throttle control will be wrong. It won't necessarily be evident and a bunch of people do it, because the closed loop control systems will compensate for it, but that doesn't mean i'm wrong. What it will get you is an engine that appears more responsive, not because it's a good modification, but because you just ruined all the tuning that some poor calibrators have spent 2 to 3 years to put together during the engines development. The same peppy responsiveness could easily be achieved by just tuning the ECM with the stock throttle blade, if you have access to a bunch of tables that even HPTuners either doesn't know, or doesn't share.

If you want to learn how to tune an LTG yourself, ask that, and watch all the guys come out of the shadows and help you, they won't be too polite, but they'll help you.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    in stock calibration form the OEM settings for maf are disabled. It may be referencing IAT through the maf but it doesnt actually use the airflow signal from the maf until 7200 rpm is surpassed.
    if you want to tune this read up on wideband installation and transformations. from here you can read up on Virtual VE tuning and use the wideband plotted against VVE to tune away.

If you take the fast tune road then you can lower the maf threshold to be active at say 500 rpm then tune the maf to correct fueling.

Driver Demand MAP-A is a torque request table that is used to command more or less power. typically small increases are made until boost pressure is achieved.
    The Knock Airmass tables can be limiting factors for some applications. Changing these can raise the torque limit threshold, if its hit, and thus allows more power to be requested on the MAP-A table.

There is a tone of stuff going on in this ecu and a lot of information has been shared not only in this 4 cylinder section but also the v8 Gen 4&5 sections.
    I have too much on my plate to dive into anything deeper than this general explanation. If you want to do it yourself then these are the tables you need to read about.
    If your here to ask for a tune....99% chance you wont be given one here.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the info. Best thing to do is get proper education about tuning. Tune the car myself.

were you able to figure it out? I'm in the same situation lol. I only use 93 octane and would like a tune to optimize that, along with a little more power after 4000rpm.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonats View Post
    were you able to figure it out? I'm in the same situation lol. I only use 93 octane and would like a tune to optimize that, along with a little more power after 4000rpm.
    Yes. Try this. Got help from a Tuner. Pulls hard.CTS stage One 2LT.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lt1z350 View Post
    Hey I'm interested in what you can do? I got a 2014 cts4 2.0t. Putting different spool in turbo, intercooler piping to 3 inch, catless down pipe, bigger throttle body, cold air intake, coil packs.