Thread: VERY WEIRD 02's on 2005 GTO stroked whipple car

Tuner in Training

VERY WEIRD 02's on 2005 GTO stroked whipple car

NEED SOM HELP HERE.
    So I inherited this wonderful POS. Im not really a LS tuner with HPT and have tuned R35's and stand alone Import and dodge most of my career all the ls's I have ever done has been on Mega Squirt.
    This 2005 GTO has been a absolutely large pain in my ass. To me looking at the log and watching the live data. I see 2 issues and have no clue how to fix this.
    2005 gto with a 7.0 fully built bottom end.
    whipple charged
    ID750's or 1000's
    Speed density (NO MAF)
    big cam. (as I said I inherited this turd and have asked may questions on it. but no one in the shop will give me a straight answer I have been tuning here for over 2 years and the owner literally just rolled this out of storage on my lap.) it wouldn't run when I first got the car. I saw that the maf wasn't failing so I made that adjustment and no Im here after a lot of trial and error.

I have pulled the tune off the car and reviewed it, attempted to make a couple of changes with the 02 and PE with no success. if one of the LS gurus could give me a hand here I would greatly appreciate it. in the log youll notice bank 1 is extremely rich, bank 2 is stagnant no movement whats so ever and I do not have any fuel trims.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Update. I have gone through the wiring and replaced both 02 sensors to verify, wiring is good. this is a 3 plug pcm…. I have read about horror stories with this PCM vs the 2 plug.

In open loop you can't really trust what the sensors read, unless you are at full throttle they will swing lean or rich following the fueling but at idle or bumming around they will just be where ever they kinda want to be.

~450mv means the sensor is dead/unplugged or has a wiring fault.

You'd need to be in closed loop to really see what each bank is doing or have your wideband o2 sensor tell you what is going on.

Verify injector size. Because right now it has stock injector data, which is really bad. Input the correct data for them.

Also with these computers the injector flow rate limit is 63lb/hr, to get around this issue when running 80-100lb/hr injectors or larger you must do this.

Double the stoich table, half the injector flow rate and half the IVT terms. So if you had 14.68 stoich with 80lb/hr injectors you would now have 29.36 stoich and 40lb/hr injector for rate, along with cutting the IVT terms in half. You'll have to tune in lambda because of the double stoich method.

For sure do not get into boost with how the injector data and timing/power enrichment/boost enrichment is setup because it will likely hurt the engine pretty fast.

Try setting the PE to have a 80-90kpa enable. A whipple will come into boost really fast, you don't want to be asking for 12.6 afr. (14.68/1.160 = 12.6afr). If you are aiming for 11.0-11.5 then command that. You can also setup the boost enrichment to the same AFR or richer if you want more commanded fuel as boost rises.

The timing curve is at about 30 degrees of timing under heavy load, that isn't going to work. Scale that way back to something much safer as you dial in the fueling. Probably 14-18 degrees while you fix everything.

Add more things to the logs too like Cylinder airmass, knock retard, injector pulse width avg for both banks, for sure all the wideband so you can create a lambda error or AFR error against the commanded lambda/AFR to dial in the VE tables.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Anyone else? have any input. I have rescaled the injectors and fuel maps and pulled peak timing to a general safe level. I honestly do not really know what im doing here as this is my first LS tune with HPtuners. dIhave checked the wiring on the 02 sensors all with the same outcome. 920mv on bank 1 and bank2 locked at 432ish. both 02 have been replaced

There must still be an issue with power/ground if the bank 2 sensor is still at 430-450mv while running.

Not much else to say really, that was some of the major things wrong and would get you running. You can always just disregard the closed loop for now and focus strictly on tuning with a wideband in open loop. You'd have to tune this thing in open loop anyway because a wideband has to be used.

You're in it for the long haul now. Hit up the VCM scanner section stickys if you want write ups for making AFR/lambda errors.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

In your DTC's, change P0103 to mil on first error. Your base idle spark is kinda low. It is 12 degrees now and lower. It should idle at around 16 degrees. Your boost ve table has not been adjusted so keep it under 105kpa. You want the 105 row in the boost ve to be the same as the primary ve table so you have a smooth transition. When you change the numbers in that one row, you will have a big cliff to adjust in the next few rows. Use the manual smoothing, interpolate functions to smooth it out. Your wideband will tell you where to go from there.
    Last edited by Lakegoat; 01-31-2019 at 06:21 AM.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8