Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Intro to Nissan/Infiniti tuning with HP Tuners

Potential Tuner
    i dont see any parameter to do ignition timing also is it possible to add shift point for automatic trans. and hptuner doesnt read torque from my 2008 350z

Potential Tuner
    wish hptuner would pay more attention to nissans/infinity

Potential Tuner
    Trying to log Nissan Patrol Y62 2012, LTFT and STFT showing around 100% , how to correct the channel

Quote Originally Posted by diaao View Post
    Trying to log Nissan Patrol Y62 2012, LTFT and STFT showing around 100% , how to correct the channel
    IM nowbi in Nissan tuning, but i read about it at some nissan's forum. they said 100% mean no correction needed.
    120% for ex it's mean it need to be corrected by 20%

so i guess if the total FT is 200% for both STFT & LTFT there will be no correction. if the total higher than that or less you need to correct them.

i put in the channel under high value 230% - under min value 200% - under low value 170%

but i still did not do any maf scalling to test it.

i hope someone can correct me if im wrong,
    Last edited by Mr.AT; 10-31-2021 at 05:47 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    The SAE PID of LTFT uses 0% instead of 100%.

Potential Tuner

Unhappy soo......

Hey guys! I just made an account here so I could chime in / subscribe to this discussion. I'm a new VQ37VHR owner (2010 Infiniti G37x). I recently bought an EcuTek kit for tuning but was considering returning it and switching to HPTuners. I got excited, made a long post about HPTuners over at myG37.com to discuss interest: Thoughts on HPTuners?

Then I come over here and see somewhat disappointing news. Does it seem like everyone has the same experience: Zero Gains when tuning our cars with HPTuners? How is it that UpRev and EcuTek can both tune these cars very well at all kinds of power levels but HPTuners cannot? I think HPT has been around longer, is bigger, has way more end-users and tuners, is more widely available, etc etc so what gives? Is this something that HPTuners software/engineers have to fix on their end with the capabilities of the tuning software suite? Or is it just that tuners aren't that familiar with these engines on HPTuners and just need more time/practice/learning?

Anyway, I'll continue to monitor for any progress... but sadly it seems this isn't the way to go for us VQ guys right now It's too bad because outside of any of the little quirky stupid things like burble or pop things mixed into the tune (I could care less), it seems like HPTuners is feature-rich and has tuned so many platforms in the world with huge horsepower numbers. I have a friend with a 1200whp Corvette he tuned himself on HPT.

Tuner in Training
    Anyone know what the Driving Force table is in the electronic throttle table for a VR? Curious because a red sport has different values.

Tuner in Training
    Bump for any info on driving force tables.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark@HPTuners View Post
    Placeholder
    Hey guys, excellent info in this thread. Thanks, it's helpful. Any chance you could find some time to finish it off? Your people are calling for a robust Nissan tuning guide

The Titans respond well to some simple changes. They get great throttle response and power increases with the right changes.
    RAW Racing in Tampa, Fla.
    Providing custom LS tuning and performance upgrades.

Potential Tuner
    Has a buddy install a 3inch intake on his 2008 g35 car went into limp mode need to maf scale I believe but there?s no good info on tuning maf on that car any tips

There are multiple issues with Y62 that have been unresolved for over 4 years regarding timing. Some can be worked around, but it is dodgy.

There are some tuning basics that need to be ignored to make a Y62 do what you need, particularly NA tuning.

A stock MAF should not normally be adjusted, it is a sensor like any other, the exception is normally if the intake is modified, the MAF provides accurate airflow information that torque and fuel delivery is sourced from, modifying the MAF is necessary to achieve results in an NA y62 series 3 and up. Fortunately, the output torque is adjustable so if the MAF is raised or lowered the Transmission seen torque can be corrected so that the transmission shifts with approprate line pressure. Lowering the MAF leans fuel and adds timing but lowers the torque calculation, these gearboxes are sensitive so this must be rectified.

The problems I have found with an NA Y62 series 4 and 5. Commanding a leaner mixture causes the ECU to remove timing and lose power. Trying to add timing in the trim or main tables causes the transmission line pressure to drop and the gear to slip or disengage and makes for slippery shifts.
    Some of the new transmission tables are missing, TCC second gear, 4th has only one TCC lock table and the other gears have 2. The car does not respond to shift schedule directly from the tables, accel pedal axis may be wrong, could be %load or relative TPS?
    The rev limiters do not work, raising all limiters seems to either cause a fault when revved to the higher limit or does nothing at all.

I have ticketed all of these issues and others over the last 5 years repeatedly as fudging figures to make a late model car work is not ideal. Mostly I am told it's a tuning issue. I have tuned 30+supercharged and 10-15 NA vehicles, I have resisted NA due to the preexisting software problems.

Tuner in Training
    Hello Gents,

Do you have any idea when the Y62 2023 will be support it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Advanced Tuner
    Support it or supported?

Quote Originally Posted by 4wheelinls1 View Post
    There are multiple issues with Y62 that have been unresolved for over 4 years regarding timing. Some can be worked around, but it is dodgy.

There are some tuning basics that need to be ignored to make a Y62 do what you need, particularly NA tuning.

A stock MAF should not normally be adjusted, it is a sensor like any other, the exception is normally if the intake is modified, the MAF provides accurate airflow information that torque and fuel delivery is sourced from, modifying the MAF is necessary to achieve results in an NA y62 series 3 and up. Fortunately, the output torque is adjustable so if the MAF is raised or lowered the Transmission seen torque can be corrected so that the transmission shifts with approprate line pressure. Lowering the MAF leans fuel and adds timing but lowers the torque calculation, these gearboxes are sensitive so this must be rectified.

The problems I have found with an NA Y62 series 4 and 5. Commanding a leaner mixture causes the ECU to remove timing and lose power. Trying to add timing in the trim or main tables causes the transmission line pressure to drop and the gear to slip or disengage and makes for slippery shifts.
    Some of the new transmission tables are missing, TCC second gear, 4th has only one TCC lock table and the other gears have 2. The car does not respond to shift schedule directly from the tables, accel pedal axis may be wrong, could be %load or relative TPS?
    The rev limiters do not work, raising all limiters seems to either cause a fault when revved to the higher limit or does nothing at all.

I have ticketed all of these issues and others over the last 5 years repeatedly as fudging figures to make a late model car work is not ideal. Mostly I am told it's a tuning issue. I have tuned 30+supercharged and 10-15 NA vehicles, I have resisted NA due to the preexisting software problems.
    Just to respond about the transmission scheduling, the trans is still a soft release and has only been released for the VR30. What OS ID were you able to tune your trans with? The likely answer to it having a wrong definition is, well it's probably wrong because we never released anything for the Y62. The fact that you were able to get a file at all is good information.