Thread: looking for guidance or help 6.0L

Potential Tuner

looking for guidance or help 6.0L

hey im new to the tuning world, just looking to open up a little hidden power within a few stock vehicles we have and mess with them before we go in depth if anybody would like to help it would be appreciated if anybody would like to mess with the tune and send it back to me so I can compare changes would be fantastic! really wanting to learn as much as possible. thank you
    vehicle is a 2003 1500HD gmc 6.0L
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Its not likely anyone is going to modify your tune file for you and send it back. That's also the worst way to learn. I can tell you however that you will want to make sure your fuel trims are within about 5%, Turn on Power Enrichment so it comes on at about 48% throttle with no delay RPM or time. Set power enrichment to 12.5 AFR. And turn off all the torque management. Add a few degrees to your spark table. Also raise your shift pressure a little bit (5%). If you search how to do those things on here and google it will really wake your truck up noticeably.

I don't have a MPVI2 so I can't do that, but these are just simple changes that help and are easy to do.

Under power enrichment do these changes.

Set the MAP kpa enable to 80kpa.
    Lower the RPM delay from the 5,000 or 5,500rpm to something way lower like 1,500rpm.
    Remove the time delay for PE, some are 60 seconds. Set that to zero.
    Set the HOT/COLD or if it's just HOT pedal enable from I think it's 90% down to 50-60% pedal.
    Lower the enable torque from 100% down to 80%.
    Increase the enrichment ramp in rate to 2.000.

This will help it get into power enrichment much smoother and faster. Factory calibrations in heavy duty trucks want you to stay out of PE for a very long time for various reasons.

You can also go into the engine side torque mngt settings too.

I normally change the maximum torque vs rpm to the highest value or "max" out the table. I also raise the torque limit vs RPM's max torque value to the same thing of 640 ft/lbs.

Also the ETC TPS MAX table (ECM table 12850), I normally set it to 100% throughout the whole table. You can read the description for what the table is for, it would limit the throttle blade to maintain traction.

That's just some basics, should help it get out of it's own way better but it'll still be a sled because it's a heavy ass truck that needs more power.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.