Thread: Base/Peak Speed - move earlier in timeline?

Potential Tuner

Base/Peak Speed - move earlier in timeline?

Hi.

I was wondering if there's a way to move the Base/Peak Speed Object earlier in the timeline. Right now, the Base and Peak speeds show up after you've gone past the section it's showing the speed for. That feels weird to me.

So, for instance, I would like to know the Base speed in a corner just before I get to the corner. And I'd like to know the Peak speed on a straight before I've achieved it. I was trying to move/Shift the object in the timeline, but it doesn't move.

Is there a way to move this Base/Peak object so that the Base and Peak are displayed earlier?

Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    Seems like you have 2 options: move the data forward relative to the video (assuming that it's simply behind the video), or create a custom processor that shows a low/high mph for a few seconds then shows the current low/high for a few seconds until the speed drops below some threshold for a certain amount of time.

I can try putting together a custom gauge tomorrow morning and can post a youtube video of it tomorrow.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboBob View Post
    Seems like you have 2 options: move the data forward relative to the video (assuming that it's simply behind the video), or create a custom processor that shows a low/high mph for a few seconds then shows the current low/high for a few seconds until the speed drops below some threshold for a certain amount of time.

I can try putting together a custom gauge tomorrow morning and can post a youtube video of it tomorrow.
    Thanks for the response.

I can?t move the file because the RPMs are synchronized to the sound of the exhaust. I guess I could duplicate the .csv data file and import it a second time and use that second data file solely for the Base/Peak Display and move it earlier.

I don?t understand your custom gauge idea. You?d have to show me what you mean there.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
    Thanks for the response.

I can?t move the file because the RPMs are synchronized to the sound of the exhaust. I guess I could duplicate the .csv data file and import it a second time and use that second data file solely for the Base/Peak Display and move it earlier.

I don?t understand your custom gauge idea. You?d have to show me what you mean there.
    That makes sense.

The simplest solution would be to adjust the data in the CSV. Instead of making a second file, it's probably easier to simply copy the Speed column and name it "Speed 2" so that you can reference each individually. Then you can simply delete say...one second's worth of rows from that column and shift the rest of the rows up without touching any other columns (easily done in Excel or Google Sheets; harder in a standard text editor). After loading that newly saved file with all the old data and the new column, you can select that "Speed 2" column in the Display Object Properties and not need to worry about re-syncing the file.

I looked at messing with the Threshold on the Peak/Base, but it doesn't really display much sooner and ends up just looking twitchy on constant speed sweeping corners. Definitely possible to have one that switches between "Current Speed" and "Peak/Base Speed," but I would probably just go with editing the CSV instead of making a new gauge.

Potential Tuner
    So, I tried it. The easiest thing for me to do was:

-duplicate the AIM Solo 2 DL's YYY.csv file
    -rename it to "YYY-BasePeak.csv"
    -import it into the project
    -In the Synchronize Tool, makes the Offset 3 seconds earlier than the main .csv file.
    -Assign the GPS Speed data from the YYY-BasePeak.csv file to Base/Peak Object.

Done. Works Great!

Here's how it looks now----the Base/Peak Object is predictively showing you the speeds in the straights and corners. I like that WAY better than seeing it after you've driven it.

https://youtu.be/x0GDMlnO7bA