Thread: Do these SIDI engines like fat afrs?

Advanced Tuner

Do these SIDI engines like fat afrs?

Was reading some entries and seeing the calibrated success videos by Greg Banish, and he seems to command lambda values of .78 at peak torque and approx .8 afterwards on an N/A direct injected engine . Any leaner and power is lost. I thought there was something wrong with the data. but, Simultaneously, 2 days after seeing these entries, a good friend of mine tells me of his engine dyno experience in which he gained approx 30 RWHP going from .87 lambda, to .79 lambda, on a 6.2 truck engine with a small camshaft. I immediately tell him that I read and heard the same from what Banish reported and found interesting he got similar results. My concern is, most if not all are claiming these engines like lean WOT afrs, but I see conflicting experience from people that are credible. What results have you guys seen with these direct injected engines? I have my doubts, I recently tuned a procharged 6th gen and it would breakup bad when going richer than .81 lambda at WOT... Hope to see some discussion
    Last edited by cesar; 01-30-2019 at 12:39 AM.

No reason to go that rich.. sounds like your fiend who gained that much power had SOI off so his WB reading was inaccurate anyways..
    I sometimes run around .80ish lambda on meth cars just to keep them safe Bc equal fuel distribution suffers

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    Lean is mean. Just not too far