Thread: Dodge RAM 1500 Lamarie, incompatible PCM software

Potential Tuner

Dodge RAM 1500 Lamarie, incompatible PCM software

Hi,
    I have issue with Dodge RAM 1500.
    I have SmartAccess cable, and i found the location (HPTuners send me wrong location...) u can found it under steering wheel.
    I know this ECU must be unlocked before writing mod, i do it with another tool (Alientech K-TAG, read via JTAG), car start all is OK.
    Now i take my best favorite tool for American car VCMSuite, i read the file all is (So HAPPY), make my tuning file, but (damn) when i try to flash i always get Incompatible PCM Software (Try with Original read and tune file)
    PCMSoftware.jpg

Can someone see this issue before ? i have my idea about this problem, i think VCMsuite check if the ECU is unlocked by HP company.

So i take lost 2 credits, and the car wait for tune...

Tuner
    Hp tuners has to unlock the pcm for HP Tuners to write to it.

Tuner in Training
    Yes i had this issue before with hellcat 2016 ECU if its not locked by hptuner it will show incompatible PCM software . i had luck with DiabloSport ECU and not all SCT unlock ECUs, So you have to tune it with the tools you unlocked with it your PCM .

Potential Tuner
    Hi,
    Thx for the reply, but the ECU is unlocked by another tool (I can flash the ECU by OBD with Alientech Kess V2, DimSport New Genius, or BitBOX) so the ECU is OK.
    My question : i need to know if VCM check the unlock if do by HPTuners, and if no don't let writing

@Firehawk222 : I read the binary content of the ECU and patch with WinOLS, and write easy job, so i need to understand why HPTuners don't let me write
    Last edited by mc-rperf; 01-31-2019 at 02:42 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Same storry today on Dodge Duango...Incompatible software
    ECU read with bootloader, unlocked and reflashed
    I do the job with WinOLS for the tune and BitBox for flashing by OBD..but i spent 2 credit.
    HPTuners please make life easier for poeple who can make the job w / o ur unlock service or change PCM

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    We support our unlock process only its even in the agreement you sign when you attempt to flash a 2015+ dodge application
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"