Thread: Gear/Tire Wizard Calibrate

Potential Tuner

Gear/Tire Wizard Calibrate

The gear/tire tab is there but after clicking it the screen shows as only adjust with a 1.0 box. I've sew pictures and videos having tire/gear ratio and adjust but this one is only just adjust. What gives?

I select calibrate(something lIke that) when accepting credit for the program.
    Last edited by What?; 02-06-2019 at 11:50 AM.

Potential Tuner
    There seems to be no Gear/tire wizard anywhere in my VCM Editor. It’s supposed to be under the EDIT Tab but it’s not. Any idea why it’s not there or where I can find it?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by What? View Post
    The gear/tire tab is there but after clicking it the screen shows as only adjust with a 1.0 box. I've sew pictures and videos having tire/gear ratio and adjust but this one is only just adjust. What gives?

I select calibrate(something lIke that) when accepting credit for the program.
    Under Speedo, there's VSS/Trans per rev box. I'm presuming this is the one to change the speedo correction, What is the formula for gear ratio? I found info for tire height change though.

PPM= Pulses Per Mile
    Diameter= The Diameter of the Tire

PPM x (Old diameter/New diameter)= new PPM

Example:

24212 PPM x (25"/23")= 26392 PPM

Potential Tuner
    What are the formulas for me to configure each of these category? Trans/Rev under the gear/ratio tire size and the sensor calibration for vss pulse per mile and vss trans rev per mile.

Potential Tuner
    Here's an example of another stock model set up I copied to input in mine

using Manual Trans, 16 factory 235 55 16 with 3.73

Gear Ratio/Tire Size
    Drive Sprocket Ratio 1.121:1
    Trans Rev per Mile 4,133.4359

Sensor Caliberation
    VSS Pulse per Mile: 118,912
    VSS Trans Rev per Mile: 4,808.2287

to Auto, 15 factory 205 75 15 with 4.10

Gear Ratio/Tire Size
    Drive Sprocket Ratio 1.000:1
    Trans Rev per Mile: 5,069.4328

Sensor Caliberation
    VSS Pulse per Mile: 125,952
    VSS Trans Rev per Mile: 5,067.4525

I copied the same numbers from Manual setup onto the Auto setup but left the Drive Sprocket alone. I went from 4+mph off to 1.5+ mph off
    Last edited by What?; 02-06-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Based of

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...r-bigger-tires

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ghlight=speedo

Thanks to Chad from HP Tuner for the guidance

Based of

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...r-bigger-tires

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ghlight=speedo

Thanks to Chad from HP Tuner for the guidance

ECM reads 60mph while I'm at 66mph

60/66 = 0.9090909090909091 multiply to original Trans Rev per Mile (5,069.4328 ) = 4608.575272727273

GPS and Speedo now reads correct.
    Last edited by What?; 02-07-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Tuner in Training

Where is the gear tire wizard that I see online?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimlove9771 View Post
    There seems to be no Gear/tire wizard anywhere in my VCM Editor. It?s supposed to be under the EDIT Tab but it?s not. Any idea why it?s not there or where I can find it?
    I can't seem to find the tire wizard that I see posted everywhere on the internet. My gear tire wizard only offers me one input Gear/Tire. There is no place for me to enter tire sizes, gear ratios, nothing. I'm supposed to know the number for my customer's car and I just plainly don't I suspect that the car has a replacement speedo as the diff ratio is the same as the option RPO code which is 2.08. The current number in the gear wizard is 8.02 but I have no idea how this number was derived.
    The car is a 98 Camaro convertible with a 3800. Wheel speed sensors all indicate 55 mph with GPS reading 56. I'd be fine with that but the VSS and the speedometer rear 78 MPH! My customer brought it to me because I had done tunes on several of their cars. I'm completely clueless and I'm hesitant to even buy credits for the car. since these ratios also effect the transmission which works okay, (I think that it's shifting way too soon at low throttle) any help would be appreciated.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by info@gallatinautorepairs. View Post
    I can't seem to find the tire wizard that I see posted everywhere on the internet. My gear tire wizard only offers me one input Gear/Tire. There is no place for me to enter tire sizes, gear ratios, nothing. I'm supposed to know the number for my customer's car and I just plainly don't I suspect that the car has a replacement speedo as the diff ratio is the same as the option RPO code which is 2.08. The current number in the gear wizard is 8.02 but I have no idea how this number was derived.
    The car is a 98 Camaro convertible with a 3800. Wheel speed sensors all indicate 55 mph with GPS reading 56. I'd be fine with that but the VSS and the speedometer rear 78 MPH! My customer brought it to me because I had done tunes on several of their cars. I'm completely clueless and I'm hesitant to even buy credits for the car. since these ratios also effect the transmission which works okay, (I think that it's shifting way too soon at low throttle) any help would be appreciated.
    I believe you are supposed to divide your tire height by your rear gear ratio and input that number.

Winter is different. It's a clich?, but it's the principle that tire company engineers use to develop their products.