Thread: 2005 lq9 ss vs escalade

2005 lq9 ss vs escalade

im looking at two different tune files. one is from the ss truck with a lq9 and a same year. under the etc and desired throttle area the settings are different. In the escalade file the settings are less than the settings in the SS truck. can i copy them to the escalade from the ss without harm? would that give better throttle response?

bump?

heres the 2 files in question.

the second file is what im currently running. the first one is the 2005 ss truck.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Only guessing here but it's possible they have different settings because they run different APP sensors and TAC modules.

I don't see any real gain from making the change.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Gotcha.

Do u see any areas that i could help out more?

Yeah, command a richer air fuel ratio and clean up that timing curve some. If you are having to reduce timing to get rid of knock it could be because it wants more fuel or a higher grade of gasoline.

There is no reason to command 13.0 in a truck engine. It will make more torque at 12.2-12.5 with 19-23 degrees of timing if it can get away with it.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

how do you clean up the curve?

Make it smoother, less dips or sudden jumps for one cell the next. It should flow and be somewhat smooth when looking at the 3D image.

You have parts where it drops 3-5 degrees or jumps the same amount leaving a hole in the curve.