Thread: Critique my 1st tune please

Tuner

Critique my 1st tune please

Hey everyone,
    This is my first time tuning any car, and I am starting with my 06 vette ls2 M6. Maybe anyone can give me any pointers on making it better. I have spoken to a local guy that does tunes on the side as a hobby and taken some ideas from him and applied them. The only issue I have is sometimes I have what feels like a loss of power around 3000 rpms at moderate throttle. Anyway, thanks for the input.

Also, car is in Denver so my max Cyl Air Mass logged was 738 g and max manifold was 83 kpa
    The car's mods are CAI, long tube headers, catless exhaust, and catch can. That's it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm in Colorado Springs and best I get here is 81kpa but usually see 79ish. Sucks to think about how much slower our cars are here. I'm learning as well so I doubt I'd be much help on your tune but I'm sure someone will chime in.

Tuner
    At last someone can relate to the high altitude pain, lol.

Sure is running cold, 150 degree coolant temp isn't that great.

Do you have a wideband o2 sensor at all? Would be nice to know how close to the commanded AFR you are at when at WOT.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    I think it may have a 160 or 170 T stat on it from the previous owner. It was also a child day as well. I borrowed a buddies AFR500 to dial in the fuel, so I know that is spot on. The afr only varied about 0.3 at worst.

Tuner
    *cold day

Tuner
    Anyone want to chime in?

I don't have much else to add, it seems okay really.

I do not suggest having the timing curves mirrored because the low octane needs to have in my opinion 3-5 degrees less timing in case there is knock and it will allow the computer to run less timing until the knock learn factor returns to normal.

The timing curve it self is kinda bland and seems to be have less timing than factory in the low load area's. Most factory tunes run well into the 40's for fuel mileage and this shouldn't make any difference with the mods you have. It should be able to run that amount of timing there as well and have a slower taper down towards your 20-25 degrees under heavy load.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.