Thread: 2013 Silverado 5.3l With a 6L80. NEED GUIDANCE!

Potential Tuner

2013 Silverado 5.3l With a 6L80. NEED GUIDANCE!

Hey everybody, i'm new to the tuner world and am very excited to be involved! I hardly know anything about how to tune, but i have been playing around with the software to see whats all available in it and watching youtube videos here and there. Very exciting stuff to learn!

Anyways, I'm trying to do a tune for my stock 2013 Silverado with a 5.3/6L80 4x4 just so it'll perform better than how stock is. I'm wondering if anybody has any guidance or a transmission tune file i can compare to see where i can get more response out of it. The truck is completely stock (for now) with 3.42 gears, any help would be great!

Read this thread I posted in a little while back, my tune should be near the bottom of the first page ( the attached file in post 4 is very old, use the file from post 18).

Please read what I typed out carefully so that if you do the changes I did, they will "take" in the computer and work.

The tune I have is safe and it was to my liking, some things may be different for the next guy so take that into consideration. Note that this tune was setup for 89 octane and not regular 87.

You are free to change it up or lessen some of the changes to make it how you want. Use the compare feature to see what is different and try to understand what is going on.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...que-Management
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    hey thanks for the reply! Sorry for the late response, but i took a look at your tune against mine and ended up using some of your trans setting, particularly in the torque management area. Ended up working great with what ive already applied in the sense of response. Cant thank you enough with your help and your tune. Trans is loving it!