Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Definition Update

Big Definition Update

Guys,

I am in the process of making many changes to the newer Ford definitions. A few hundred new parameters have been added. During the process of getting all the defs updated, there could be some comparison bugs, if you are comparing a def that has not been update to one that has been.

2015-2017 Mustang GT / GT350 will be getting refreshed first before I go back to the Copperheads.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Senior Tuner
    Awesome. Looking forward to seeing the changes

Awesome!

What can we 2011+ Copperhead tuners expect for new parameters?

Are these new strategy settings, new loggable channels, or both?

Also, will this affect the supercharger strategies like the FRPP and Whipple? There seems to be quite a few things that don't work as intended on the Whipple tune.

Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    Awesome!

What can we 2011+ Copperhead tuners expect for new parameters?

Are these new strategy settings, new loggable channels, or both?
    Quite a bit of automatic transmission things, its really too much to list. Possibly some new scanner channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruiner46 View Post
    Also, will this affect the supercharger strategies like the FRPP and Whipple? There seems to be quite a few things that don't work as intended on the Whipple tune.
    Yes
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Guys,

I am in the process of making many changes to the newer Ford definitions. A few hundred new parameters have been added. During the process of getting all the defs updated, there could be some comparison bugs, if you are comparing a def that has not been update to one that has been.

2015-2017 Mustang GT / GT350 will be getting refreshed first before I go back to the Copperheads.
    6r80 transbrake?

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    6r80 transbrake?
    Anything is possible.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Already studying the new parameters - that's a lot Eric.

Advanced Tuner
    Anything is possible.
    I'm very excited about the changes you mentioned for 11-14 since I run a 14 GT Auto !! VERY!!!!!!!

Any chance on seeing the parameters to control the conditions when the car leaves Emissions Reduction mode?

How about some Load & Torque channels.

I have Engine Brake Torque and Scheduled torque in my Strat FSFD2AA but I've seen the following in other 11-14 strats:
    Calculated Engine Load
    Absolute Load
    Desired Load from Torque Control
    Desired Airmass from Torque Control, etc.

Tuner in Training
    If by chance you can add the transbrake function to the 6r80, would that go back into the 11-14 cars as well as the 15-17 (would they be able to bump in like the 18 cars as well)? I would hold off on buying some other parts if I knew this was coming in the future.

Eric,

Any chance the new parameters would allow "per cyl" knock sensing and the Scanner channels to log it? (11+ Copperhead)

Senior Tuner
    It works fine if you just flip switch to per cylinder. Not sure if you still can't log on S197 though.

You reminded me of something I would really like though. Would be nice to be able to log the noise from the knock sensors to graph it and look for spikes.

Solenoid vs gear.png I suspect this will make 4r200 guys happy. Can't wait to see what the 11-14s have.
    2011 Mustang GT TT A6
    1998 Eclipse GSX Awd

Anything is possible.
    I know this is for the gas side. But do you have anything in the works for powerstrokes, Eric?
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Quote Originally Posted by bbrooks98 View Post
    Solenoid vs gear.png I suspect this will make 4r200 guys happy. Can't wait to see what the 11-14s have.
    Yup, but this can fek your trans very badly if you don't know what you doing.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Yup, but this can fek your trans very badly if you don't know what you doing.
    Yes, it should be hidden under advance view anyway. How ever this allows us to actually tune the 4r200 correctly and completely eliminate the extra gears. I combed a file the other day and noticed a few other things were added too, we can now see and modify the 6r80 base pressures, not just the adders

Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    We can now see and modify the 6r80 base pressures, not just the adders
    I played with those today - perfect for Exedy clutches.

Advanced Tuner
    Quite a bit of automatic transmission things, its really too much to list. Possibly some new scanner channels.

Yes
    I really can't wait to see the auto trans things for my 14 GT strategy, FSFD2AA. I remember when I made a thread about how the pressure adders were 4x smaller in a beta update and you said it was incorrect scaling and that they were just adders to the base #s.

Hopefully your updates include the base pressure #s, select shift parameters, and some useful channels to aid in tuning.

Anyways thanks for your hard work Eric!
    Last edited by blackbolt22; 02-03-2019 at 08:27 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for your hard work Eric. Coyote tuners using HPT are a little scarce but I know this is the better unit especially in the transmission department. I have been trying top convince the local tuners to take the time and learn HPT.

Any chance the 2011+ Copperhead strategies will get some frictional / torque loss tables? We don't seem to have any, and they seem to be a missing link in tuning my driver demand system.

Thanks!