Thread: Engine Swap

Engine Swap

Did an engine swap 5.3 to 6.2 2016 Sierra.

Can I just do a segment swap?
    If so just segment swap the engine diagnostics and engine operation?
    I noticed some of the DTC codes are non report for the 5.3 and second error for the 6.2

Do I need to seg swap the system, fuel system, or speed odmeter? Or only the engine operation and engine diagnostics?

Anything else to look for?

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by STR8BALLN; 01-31-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Can you do a segment swaps on those GEN V controllers??

You can always do the copy/paste via the comparison log to copy all the engine stuff over in one click.

You only swapped in the engine so changing the fuel pump/fuel system and speedo stuff shouldn't be required if you ask me.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I took a file from the same year truck, same computer E92 that had a 6.2. and compared it to the 5.3 and it showed a segment swap was allowed. It was not greyed out like it was not possible like I have seen before.
    When you do the drop down for the segment swap, it shows you can. Are we not supposed to do a segment swap with these E92's? any rules? i don't want to brick my ecm or will I be ok?

I all my experiences a 2016 year operating system will not play nice with an engine swap. Lots of money wasted licensing on these. I no longer do them. I use a different year OS that I know works with engine swaps

Senior Tuner
    No need to do a segment swap on this. Just use the Comparison File and Copy over the differences.