Thread: How big is too big of a injector for HP Tuners? Twin Turbo 17 GT

How big is too big of a injector for HP Tuners? Twin Turbo 17 GT

The car is very stock with the twin turbo kit installing next week. I am planning to step the car up over the year (cams, converter). I do plan on a E85 tune now. Is a 1600cc injector going to be tune able or is this going to be a problem on a daily driver when on pump gas?

Thanks, ALX

Advanced Tuner
    depends on the injectors and their quality along with accuracy of their data, 1600cc is not too large, we've had no issues with ID1700's, just don't try and idle the car at 650rpm lol

I have a car that I tune that has 210lb (2200cc) injectors on e85. The car idles fine at 750 on e85. Pump gas I have to keep it at 1000 or so to not have erratic fueling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    depends on the injectors and their quality along with accuracy of their data, 1600cc is not too large, we've had no issues with ID1700's, just don't try and idle the car at 650rpm lol
    Most do not realize that those bigger injectors are single hole vs multi hole. You just can't spray so little as you normally would with multi hole like LU47 for example. Rich idle is OK as long it's nice and stable.