Thread: e 85 tuning questions?? 08 silverado

e 85 tuning questions?? 08 silverado

hey guys kinda new to tuning, ive got an 08 5.3 Silverado with turbo looking to go e85
    vehicle is an original flex fuel truck. so I was wondering what tables should I mess with?
    has 60lb injectors installed already. so I know stoich to around 9.7, so my question is do I just mess with the eq ratio gas tab?
    what about the eq ratio alcohol tab? what # should I shoot for at wot on my wideband??
    anyone with some advice id appreciate it..

Get a real alcohol sensor and the tune will pretty much do everything for you on the fly. If you set it up that way.

Factory flex fuel kinda means nothing when it's a virtual flex fuel that use the o2 sensors to determine alcohol content. It's very slow and not very accurate.

A real sensor plumbed into the fuel system and wired into the computer will do on the fly stoich changes with no work on your end. It's a pretty darn simple setup.

You can setup the power enrichment for regular fuel and E85 using lambda, pick a target for each and tune the airflow model to match that. You can also use the flex fuel timing spark corrections to add or remove timing depending on how much alcohol content there is.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thanks for the reply man I appreciate it, gonna give that a shot. At this point I?ve been running it with e85 and just adjusting the power enrichment to get close to 11.5 on the WB. Haven?t changed the stoich but I?m gonna try that out, and adjust that flex fuel timing you talked about, thanks.

Don't change the stoich.

Just leave it be. If it starts at 14.68 and ends at say 9.8 or whatever at 100% then that is all you need to do. The alcohol sensor will read the fuel and auto adjust the stoich on the fly.

Also you should never change the PE to make it richer or leaner. Power enrichment or boost enrichment should stay at whatever AFR you want to run. You need to adjust the airflow model to make the commanded AFR match the actual AFR. So adding or removing fuel via the MAF sensor or VVE (VE) tables.

Doing it your way is a pretty hack way of doing it and for sure not a good habit.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Ok cool thanks a lot I?m learning as I go,so I appreciate your help. So I guess I?ll just mess with the maf add some to it to get it richer??

Yes.

If say you are requesting 11.0 afr but your wideband is showing 11.7 afr, you would add in fuel to the MAF curve or the VE table(s) to get to your desired value.

This is where you'd be looking at your MAF hz to see where to add the fuel or your VE table. It's easiest to create and AFR or lambda error against the commanded AFR for MAF or VE tuning so the graph you make will tell you exactly where to add fuel. You can even copy/paste special by % from the error graph into the editor.

If you still planning to run E85 I'd get that sensor installed first before going too far because it will make everything way smoother.

5FDP. Just curious, what brand sensor would you use for a Stock Setup Flexfuel?

Thanks

Sounds like a plan for that sensor and once again thanks, I?m going to try and dial it in as much as I can for now.👍🏽

I've bought this sensor and pig tail before. Then you can find which ever quick connect fittings to loop it into feed line to the sensor and back to the fuel rail. This way no cutting is required. Companies like DSX Tuning and others offer plug and play kits but they are several hundred dollars. It's good stuff for the people that just want it to work right out of the box. You can build it yourself for under $100 easy, all it takes is you time.

It needs a 12v switched power/ground and then wire the white wire into the correct pin on the PCM.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-1357742...4kUR:rk:1:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flex-Fuel-S...Fok:rk:13:pf:0