Thread: VCM Scanner missing a ton of channels

Potential Tuner

VCM Scanner missing a ton of channels

Like the title says... for sure missing Air-Fuel Commanded, Desired Idle, and Dynamic airflow, but definetly alot more... My laptop has everything, but trying to use my Microsoft Surface 3... i have uninstalled and reinstalled several times... any help is highly appreciated!!!

Connect to the vehicle, repoll for supported parameters and try again.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Wonder if that worked.....
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostnotes View Post
    Wonder if that worked.....
    Yes, good question, I have a similar problem too but the channel does show in the graph channels list
    I don't understand why.

Tuner in Training
    Hi Guys I'm also having issues with Scanner not working properly and Channels missing. I'm trying to Log my 2018 GT Mustang once connected, re polled for all PID available. After selecting all the channels I thought I needed added to Channels List all good. But then as soon as I start to record a Log half the channels disappear and don't log. Only the main very basic chaneels keep recording EG: speed, rpm, fuel trims, o2 and WB, KR and Spark.

I really want to log the MAF Period so I can dial in the MAF... any help on this would be great.

Cheers Allen

Tuner in Training
    Try to connect and read data before stating the engine. I've had the same trouble with mine along with it not logging anything at high RPMs. If you strarted scanning the vehicle before starting it, you had a way better chance of it working properly.
    I contacted Tech Support and they've had me try some new firmware to fix it While it still isn't perfect, it's about 90% fixed. I suspect it will be in the new release.
    Joe

Tuner in Training
    Hi all still having trouble with the scanner not logging PIDs once the record log has started. Ive created the list from the channels list, but once I start to record a log certain channels disappear. Either with the car running or not running as JoeR suggested.

Tuner in Training
    I just updated my software suite (I have MPV1) and logged data, but many parameters not logged/missing such as injector duty cycle and oxygen sensor voltages. Stuff that is standard, but now missing. After updating the software it automatically reflashed my MPV1 with new firmware, but I now have these problems. Any help?

Potential Tuner
    I’m a total newbie. I’m having same issue, channels disappear when attempting to log. Did you guys ever get the problem solved ?

Ok I re-polled, checked stuff etc as listed here.

My question is how do I know which parameters ARE supported so I don't waste time guessing. Like when I re-poll is there a visual verification or something that tells me which ones are working? Missing so many...

MPVI2 and latest "stable" downloaded suite.

Quote Originally Posted by 09Vic View Post
    Ok I re-polled, checked stuff etc as listed here.

My question is how do I know which parameters ARE supported so I don't waste time guessing. Like when I re-poll is there a visual verification or something that tells me which ones are working? Missing so many...

MPVI2 and latest "stable" downloaded suite.
    NVM I figured it out.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 09Vic View Post
    NVM I figured it out.
    What did you figure out?

Potential Tuner
    What was the issue currently having same problem

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk_Hawk6.2 View Post
    What was the issue currently having same problem
    Post #2 above is the solution.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post558157

Untitled.png
    • 2001 C5 Corvette (625rwhp - Procharger, LS6 heads, Torquer V2 cam)
    • 1991 Volvo 940 - 2JZGTE (600rwhp - PT6466, HKS 272 cams)