Thread: changing to E85 and 2000cc FID

Tuner in Training

changing to E85 and 2000cc FID

I'm currently running fid 1000s in a pump gas setup and am switching to E85, ive purchased a set of fid 2000cc injectors and im having a problem understanding how to input injector data and setup for E85 as I wont be running any content sensor. I do have the little data they give you on the injectors, but I do not have excel to run the spreadsheet that everyone is talking about. any help would be appreciated. thanks guys.

setup is 5.3, aeromotive eliminator pump, 10an feed, 8 return, 0411 pcm, 3 bar speed density, fuel injector development 2000cc
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 1364839309; 02-03-2019 at 11:11 AM.
    83 ranger "Sanford" turbo 5.3 4L80

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    i hope you have a boost referenced regulator.
    If so set he base fuel pressure to 58 psi. if the engine is running then this is set with the vacuum reference disconnected.

once set then change the injector flow rate table to show every cell has a value of 224 lb/hr
    in the voltage offset table go to the first column. use your data for the 58 psi section and input the offset value in the correct voltage spot.
    highlight from the bottom of the column to the last edited voltage value (16v) and then interpolate vertically.
    now highlight from 16-14 and interpolate vertically again. do this until you have gone all the way to the top of the column.
    Now highlight that whole column and copy it. All you have to do now is paste it into every column on the table until the whole table matches the first column you just made.

find the Min Fuel Milligrams cell in the transient section and lower it to .008 or disable it by setting it to .00. This should allow your injector pulses to go really low at idle.
    you might want some what of a close short pulse data and its not given to you. so need to find you need to work with. I would borrow the ID2000 data as a starting point. You can fix it later once its running.

to work with fixed E85 set your stoich value to 9.765
    set your Boost enrichment to roughly 1.3
    and your pe enrichment to roughly 1.17

that should get you started at least.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 02-03-2019 at 02:01 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

i dont know if you have a cam but try setting your injection timing normal table to 6.0. might help with idle.

Maf codes set to mil on first error defaults sd faster and more reliably.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 02-03-2019 at 02:12 PM.

Tuner in Training
    thank you guys very much for the replies and help. I have set the tune accordingly and as soon as I make the switch ill let you know how it all turns out. I really appreciate the help!

I will research it myself, but haven't got the change to yet, is there something i need to do with my aem wideband, or do i just watch for a different value when tuning?
    83 ranger "Sanford" turbo 5.3 4L80

if you set it up in the scanner properly you can add a channel to your scanner called commanded afr.
    once your wideband and commanded afr are both loging then there will be a wideband error option for you in the maths folder. use this to record fueling errors so you can copy and past the data changes.