Thread: Cruise control for 2006/7 LQ9 Conversion inop

Tuner in Training

Cruise control for 2006/7 LQ9 Conversion inop

I'm trying to get the cruise control operational on my 1995 Landrover Discovery that has an LQ9 mated to the original Landrover manual gearbox.
    My VSS is plumbed to an abs sensor and calibrated so that the speedo readout in VCM Scanner is accurate.

I can see all the cruise control parameters and the inputs seem to function correctly.

I cannot find any way to view the status of the two brake switches (although I can read them on my MAC Tools Scanner)

Cruise Lockout always reads "yes" despite me tapping the brake before setting off and waiting until I'm at high speed to try to activate the cruise control.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Rosie LQ9 tables idle experiment dwell adjust and speedo cal 03 02 2019.hptcruise inop.hpl

Tuner in Training
    I've tried connecting the TCC brake switch ( pin#33 according to my wiring diagram) through an nc relay operated by the brake light switch so that it activates at the exact same time as the NO brake lamp switch but that hasn't fixed the issue.

I've noticed that in the VCM Scanner, TCC Brake Off always reads "no" even when I press the brake pedal.
    However, it does change from no to yes when read with my MAC Tools scanner.

PRNDL Status always reads "D4"

Does anyone have any suggestions as it's really bugging me now...

I'm having the same issue. Cruise lockout always says yes. My TCC brake off will read yes when on brakes. I have a PSI harness so I think everything is connected but I've read about PIN 6 on the TAC needing to get 12v. Not sure if the PSI harness accounts for that, I think I'll need to do some probing. Also a lot of people have similar issues when using LED tail lights.