Thread: System requirements

Potential Tuner

System requirements

In the FAQ section, the following is posted:
    ??????????
    VCM Suite System Requirements
    HP Tuners VCM Suite has been designed to work with Microsoft Windows® XP, Vista and 7 or newer.
    Windows 7 is the recommended operating system. Minimum

1 GH CPU
    512 Mb RAM
    Microsoft Windows® XP/Vista/7 or better
    USB Port

*If you are using a Version 1 Serial (RS232) Interface and do not have a native serial port you can use a USB to Serial adapter.

Use only quality USB adapters such as the SocketCom PCMCIA card adapter or Keyspan USB-Serial adapter (part # USA-19HS).

Use of poor quality adapters will result in poor performance, data corruption or Windows "Blue Screen".
    ??????????

That post is really old, and I assume is completely out of date. What are the current suggested system requirements? I have looked all over the website and have not been able to find anything.

I couldn't find a sticky on it either but anything windows 7 or above will run it.

XP won't support the newest 4.0+.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    It looks like in the VCM Suite online help that the system requirements have been updated from the FAQ section.

- 2 GHz CPU
    - 4 GB RAM
    - Microsoft Windows? 7 or better
    - Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 or higher
    - USB Port

But nowhere can I find if the software will support multi-threading. Does anyone know if a multi-core processor with a base processor speed of 1.6 GHz will work with the VCM Suite software?

Potential Tuner

Question

I was coming here with a similar question. I have a Panasonic Toughbook I use for automotive stuff as it's, well, tough. Built to MIL standards, 4 foot drop to concrete, liquid proof, handles heat/cold, daytime viewable, strap for one hand use etc, I don't have to worry about breaking it like I would with a laptop. I bought it for the soul purpose of auto stuff like a scan tool(autoenginuity) and repair software, both of which are running on it currently.

This toughbook is 1.7 GHz. It does run Win7 and came with it from the factory but the processor isn't 2GHz. Might work, might freeze up constantly as the .NET framework is bloated to begin with. A quick search tells me that it's capable of multithread processing but of course that depends on if the developer(s) code their program for that and might depend on the programming language used, their coding abilities and a lot of machine specifics which no one can predict. (that's why win95 junk, win95b good, win98 junk, win98 2nd edition good etc -- they can't test everything so the consumer is a guinea pig on the first go around -- similar to the first few years of a new car/truck model)

Tablets are the way to go imho because the hinged laptop is just fragile but tablets not as powerful as laptops usually.

I was wondering if I buy the hptuners Suite, can I download a previous version?

aaannnnd this thread is a month old with no response from anyone from hptuners? Not encouraging.

You have to have the latest version to use HP Tuners if you've never bought it before. 4.0+ and the MPVI2 are made to go together. You also need it because it's a cloud based credit system on the internet.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.