Thread: L5P duramax custom tuning

Potential Tuner

L5P duramax custom tuning

Hello.
    I am new with HP Tuners and I am looking for some nice tuning that bring more power to my truck. I already got the stock file, the only i modify is a speed limited. I want to change some parameters to get more power but like i am new in this i don't know exactly what need to be change to get more power in my truck. If anyone already have a L5P with a nice tuning that bring some power and whant to share or give me any advise on how to make a tuning for more power, please post it here. Also I am willing to pay for a file with a nice tuner.

Tuner in Training
    Didn't have a chance to play with L5P yet, doubt you'll find worthwhile info about them on forums judging by previous gen.
    Judging by LMLs current gens are a bad platform to figure things out if you have zero experience tuning older Dmaxes.
    If you decide to do it youself there's some info regarding previous gens on the web. Take your time, be patient and do small changes. Buying a tune from a reputable place is another option.
    '03 Topkick C5500 LB7/A5
    '04 Silv cclb 2500HD LB7/A5
    '10 Ram ccsb 2500 6.7/A6

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    i have an lml and l5p both under warranty so i havent touched them yet. Im really worried about keeping that cp4 pump under warranty since it has a bad rep. i do a lot of reading to see what can be done when i am ready to make changes, and this section has been very quiet about both engine applications. The users just dont seem to be talking or in a sharing mood for that matter.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    i have an lml and l5p both under warranty so i havent touched them yet. Im really worried about keeping that cp4 pump under warranty since it has a bad rep. i do a lot of reading to see what can be done when i am ready to make changes, and this section has been very quiet about both engine applications. The users just dont seem to be talking or in a sharing mood for that matter.
    Exergy has a new mprop (cp4 regulator) they recently released that is supposed to act as a "catch net" in the unlikely event of a cp4 failure. It basically catches any metal and particulates at the pump instead of further down stream in the fuel system, ya know, like those nice injectors that were just working perfectly fine prior to the pump shitting.... lol. Might want to pick yourself up one if it's a looming concern in the back of your mind.
    09 Cobalt SS - E47+EFR6758 =

07 Silverado ECSB LBZ Duramax - Bunches of goodies

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakotec View Post
    Exergy has a new mprop (cp4 regulator) they recently released that is supposed to act as a "catch net" in the unlikely event of a cp4 failure. It basically catches any metal and particulates at the pump instead of further down stream in the fuel system, ya know, like those nice injectors that were just working perfectly fine prior to the pump shitting.... lol. Might want to pick yourself up one if it's a looming concern in the back of your mind.
    Sweet....Ill be taking a look at that.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman