Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 5.3 with LS9 cam and LS6 springs will not idle correctly (rich) PLEASE HELP!!!!!

NO, in post 4 I gave you a bunch of channels lists and layouts for you to use and modify.
    Download each one and put them in appropriate folders. Under where you have the HP Tuners folder there will be VCM Scanner folder with folders under that. The channels go in channel configs and layouts go in layouts.

Then open scanner and then on the channels list open the LS1b fueling list. Then at the top of the scanner push layout and then open layout then open the LS1b fueling layout.

Boom, connect to vehicle and you are ready to record
    Last edited by DHC; 02-08-2019 at 02:02 PM.

Tuner in Training
    ohhh shoot i forgot i had those downloaded. Let me just use those right quick!

Tuner in Training
    Test 2 with Fuel channels and Lay out.hpl

AEM read in the 20s pretty much the whole time

Bank 1 showed lean and bank 2 was locked at 450mv the whole time, which should be investigated for issue, probably open exhaust but don't want to assume. I think you need to get exhaust done before you make your next move. You have some double checking and testing to do as one log and the next log, both shared O2 sensor voltages, showed 2 very different things with no changes in tune, unless you did change something, or changed exhaust, left sensor unplugged, etc.

My recommendation is to finish the exhaust so that the O2s will read exhaust not fresh air at minimum to proceed.

Put this in, should now have correct injector data. Also added a little idle air.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DHC; 02-08-2019 at 03:50 PM.

Tuner in Training
    test 1 with updated base. wierd noise at end..hpl
    test 2.hpl

I completed the exhaust well atleast made the pipe long enough to eliminate outside oxigen haha.
    anyway i did not mess with the tune on the last log just started it up and sent you what happened.
    these two test were made on the same day with the same tune just minutes apart.
    1st test made a disturbing sound but it may just be the pipe i had laying arround, AEM read 25 ish then dips into the 11s
    Test 2 stays on the 20 25 mark.
    Id also like to add that i may have fried the O2 on driver side i think thats bank 1 because it now reads low numbers compared to bank 2
    I will try to replace it too

Also im working on a way to put the wideband inputs im sorry for not doing it sooner!

Tuner in Training
    also i forgot to add that i plan on turbo ing this car once i dial the car in.

Did you get O2 sensors fixed? Logs show issues mechanically that need addressed

Tuner in Training
    mechanical issues???? damn.... Serious problems??
    And no not yet on the O2s but hopefully i can get a nice pair Wednesday according to amzon, oem o2s
    Last edited by Angeldelgado; 02-11-2019 at 07:11 PM.

The log shows you have some issues still with the O2's. Could be bad sensors, intake or exhaust leaks, etc. You cant tune an engine with any sort of mechanical issue. Data logs may help in pinpointing or seeing issues, but in the end the platform needs to be mechanically sound.

Tuner in Training
    alright so im hoping that replacing the intake gaskets fixed some of my intake leaks concerns and replacing that vacuum hose that leads to the th350 to a much thicker one so that it doesn't split when i tighten the hose solves the leaks, but my concern is that there was a hose that went from the driver side valve cover the intake... i believe that was a breather hose, I now deleted that hose and added a filter there would that cause any leaks??? I hope not. The exhaust will need some checking but im sure its not leaking.

And yeah bank 1 goes from .440 v to like .062 or sum like that, I dropped it when i was building the exhaust. but 2 brand new ones are coming in!!!!!

Tuner in Training

Tests with new parts

test 3.hpl
    test 4.hpl
    Both tests were done minutes apart, to make sure i didn't forget to connect something. Motor sounds different

Any engine codes?

Tuner in Training

Red face Recent logs

No codes when i take off all the ones im not using, How ever i do occacionaly get a throttle position circuit code and a fuel circuit code dont remember what it was i have to remember it. however when i get the throttle position code the car runs like shit until i clear the code and restart the car.....
    That being said here are the most recent codes and Tune that i used.
    AEM reads 20s when warming up then reads 10 - 15 when op temp until the very end when it goes to like the 18s doesnt go any higher than 18s tho

test 5.hpl
    test 6.hpl

Current Tune File.hpt : Tune, Just renamed it but its the last tune file i got only thing i changed was me trying to remove Codes from showing up

What fuel system code? Was that code present during test 6?

Test 5 looked good, obvioussly tune needs work but it was looking good.

Test 6 is when things went weird. ECM is trying to add 50% fuel in test 6. Good thing is that both banks are the same

Tuner in Training
    i dont remember what code it was but the fuel pump was constantly on never stopped so im assuming it may have gotten the signal mixed up when i shut the car off and turned it back on immediatly, btw its an external fuel pump

also test 6 did not throw any codes. I did notice it was at 55% for some reason but the fuel pump was constantly on.
    Last edited by Angeldelgado; 02-16-2019 at 08:18 PM.

The difference in the 2 logs is concerning. There is something going on causing such a difference in the 2 logs. 50% difference in fuel between 2 logs does not makes sense as there wasnt anything that stood out except the fuel.

Tuner in Training

Curren setup

This is my current set up sorry about the wiring mess i dont really plan on fixing it until i know the motor is good.

This is The Mass Air Flow set up

Fuel System

I understand wiring mess.
    I may see an issue.
    Because of the corvette style regulator you are using you have to plug one end of your fuel rail. The filter is the return and the fuel rail should dead-head on one end. I am not sure where both hoses are going off the fuel rails.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I saw other people’s build and they only have one side plugged up I assumed it wouldn’t be an issue ... I’ll plug it up as soon as I can . Also it’s the same line it’s just split into a Y fitting to connect to both fuel rails

If there is a Y fitting from the pump into both rails then you can leave all that alone, should be fine.