Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5.3 with LS9 cam and LS6 springs will not idle correctly (rich) PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Tuner in Training
    The set up I have is .
    Filter. Pump. filter/regulator. Filter. Y fitting. Both fuel rails

that should be fine. I have had issues with external pumps and pre filters causing issues with the pump losing prime, may not be your issue but I have had problems in the past. We try for in tank only or if external is only solution we put a sock on the pick up and replace pumps more often.

Add system voltage to the channels list and get a log. Maybe there is a charging system problem.
    Last edited by MakesBadDecisions; 02-17-2019 at 12:58 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Alright I’ll add it here in a sec put up a log as well

Tuner in Training
    0x10: P0120 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor A Circuit (Pending, Current)
    is the code i keep getting
    when i hit the peddal it just keeps shaking as if i was rappidly pressing on the pedal.
    That is what i think is adding the extra fuel mayb??
    Also i added the channel but it reads no voltage

Tuner in Training
    Ive already replaced the Throttle body once im not sure why this keeps on happeneing. At times it wont even react to me pressing the pedal

perhaps its the Peddal assembly, I had to modify it to make it fit on to the vehicle, maybe I accidentaly damaged the sensors. So i guess first thing is to figure out the sensors on here first.
    Last edited by Angeldelgado; 02-17-2019 at 02:24 PM.

The throttle cant add fuel.
    It should show voltage as the engine is running and the ecm is working, maybe wrong channel.
    post the log
    Is the throttle code new?
    Sometimes with swaps there are all kinds of little things that keep coming up. Dont give up, as frustrating as this may be you have to be learning something. Just need to get through these hurdles and things will start to line out.

Tuner in Training
    i added system battery voltage, maybe wrong channel ill add all the battery chanels see which one shows data.
    And the throttle code is not new sometimes the code will go away if i turn the car off or clear the code but now it threw a p2135 code and the peddal just outright stopped working unless i clear the code and press the pedal but it only allows me to press it once then it stops working again.
    Everytime this code or the Crankshaft position sensor are thrown the motor runs like shit so maybe i need "NEW" sensors not junkyard replacements hahahahaha
    And your right i wasnt expeting this to be an easy task hahaha I know i get defeated but i dont let it stop me completely I just take some time and collect my thoughts and think of a way to get this through.

Perseverance will pay off.
    Ive nuked my fair share of the DBW pedals trying to tweak them to work with what i had. Try a different one and see, maybe this is the last weird thing

Tuner in Training
    maybe maye i sure hope so. Lucky for me i work at a junkyard so i can get "Free" parts thats were all these faulty sensors come from.
    But yeah ill get a different peddal assembly and a different throttle body.
    I will order a new a true new Crankshaft position sensor

perfect.
    let me know how it goes

Tuner in Training
    well i switched off both the pedal and the throttle body. and p2135 does not seem to go away now. I do not have control of it. both items were taken off a runing truck. perhaps a short in the throttle wiring damn...... really wish i didnt have too go wire fixing this weekend but im going to have to i guess

also Crankshaft position sensor code is active now so perhaps a short that connects to both systems. maybe a ground??
    Last edited by Angeldelgado; 02-18-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Sounds like pin testing is in your future.

Do you have access to wiring diagrams?

Tuner in Training
    I did , when I was modifying the stock harness. That’s probably were I messed up, I had accidentally cut the throttle body connector cable, well the ground. I can find the diagram again. Any ideas on where to start looking. I will dedicate tomorrow on de looking the harness again

I think I have the diagram on my work computer, I will look tomorrow.
    What ever you do, solder and shrink tube your connections. Never but connector ECM wiring.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I did that when I modified the harness don’t really trust butt connectors, however I did do it for the injectors to make sure that the injectors worked. That being said butt connectors are being used for injectors and grounds

Just to make sure.
    Is the pedal, TAC module, throttle body and ECM all from the same vehicle?

Tuner in Training
    Yes they are. Well the pedal is 01 Tahoe now but I can always use the other one which was from the 03 avalanche, the tb I replaced 3 times now but I think I have the original somewhere

Tuner in Training
    I think I may have found the problem, well I’m going to confirm it tomorrow, is there any way to make sure that I did not mix two similar looking wires??? When I accidentally cut the tac module connector I tried to fix my stupidity but I had extra wires ... some that looked the same colors. Soo maybe , just maybe that may be it. I’ll confirm tomorrow and I’ll go over the wiring tomorrow..... gonna be a long week if I can’t figure it out. I’ll probably end up using a new harness or something. Probably would be easier hahaha

The only way to tell for sure would be to pin test everything following the correct wiring diagram.

Hopefully that is the issue and an easy one to resolve.

I understand budgets, but sometimes spending the money lessens the hardships and in the end takes less time.

What ever you decide, hopefully you get it figured out and everything starts to line out soon.