Thread: 2016 Kia Forte5 Turbo

2016 Kia Forte5 Turbo

Working with HPT to get this working better. Right now it still reads in the VCM scanner as the wrong vehicle and is missing a lot of needed PIDS (knock retard for example).

But I have started with a light tune.

Completely stock on 94 Octane (Canadian rating, I think I read somewhere the octane ratings are a little different here), with stock plugs (heat range 7 is this car) gapped to .25

This is a 6 speed auto (not DCT, that was released the following year for Fortes), and it looks like HPTuners doesn't have support for auto transmissions yet.

Here is a log file hoping trd will look at it, as he seems to have a lot of experience with these cars. I have primarily tuned GMs before so this computer is new to me.
    way home.hpl

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SSKev View Post
    Working with HPT to get this working better. Right now it still reads in the VCM scanner as the wrong vehicle and is missing a lot of needed PIDS (knock retard for example).

But I have started with a light tune.

Completely stock on 94 Octane (Canadian rating, I think I read somewhere the octane ratings are a little different here), with stock plugs (heat range 7 is this car) gapped to .25

This is a 6 speed auto (not DCT, that was released the following year for Fortes), and it looks like HPTuners doesn't have support for auto transmissions yet.

Here is a log file hoping trd will look at it, as he seems to have a lot of experience with these cars. I have primarily tuned GMs before so this computer is new to me.
    way home.hpl
    Being a stock car on that fuel and plugs/gap I'd keep it under 230% load and 19-20 psi max. Can easily go beyond this safely later with proper mods(feel free to ask me) on the car with the given fuel being used. Guessing the 94 is AKI?

It looks like it spiked to 246% load max and 21 psi max. You want to eliminate this as much as possible to be safer. Through the pull in each gear it looked good and can be taken a little(4-5%) higher safely if you want.

Your timing seemed ok in the log but I do not know what those maps look like so can't say for sure. Even without K or KR logging you want the timing to stay the same or be advancing through the rpms. Any drop down in timing is a sign things are starting to get too agressive and something needs to change in the tune, mods, or both.

Fuel quality seems good but your fueling maps need some work for both safety and improvement in power. Richer sooner in rpm/boost/load, PE table reference with less pedal demand, leaner in general and up top due to COT, and more rail pressure will all help.
    Last edited by trdtoy; 02-06-2019 at 10:49 PM.

Any progress with this?

I hit the dyno and found my tune was producing a lot of low end tq, but in the upper end it pretty much reverted to stock settings. I haven't had time to figure out what the issue is with my tune yet.