Thread: MAP values in the torque section.

MAP values in the torque section.

While I was doing my SC install I had to swap out my MAP sensor to a 3 BAR and scale it. However there is also some MAP adjustments under Torque Model--------General--------Torque Calculation. I have not done anything to the tables but they are very close to my factory MAP ranges before I swapped to a 3BAR. Is this something that needs to be matched to my new sensor. It says they are a Torque Calculation so I'm not sure if they merely are a means of calculating torque as a "read only" OR something as a scalar that will make a difference.

Thoughts??
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Anybody??

To me by the definition its implies that it might be a limiter. It calls out MIN, MAX and MIN desired. So to me if they don't match or be close, it may cause a limit condition since my new MAP is 312.50???

Make sense?
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Diamond pistons
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

no you do not have to change your Virtual Torque tables for a different map sensor, you just change that when you want to edit the tables. even when you save it, the next time you open it they will show the same default values.

you do want to make sure that your map characteristics tables are correct for your sensor under Airflow - General

They are.

It's just strange since it is calling for MIN,MAX and MIN Desired. Of course my map goes way past that now. I figured they had something to do in relation to what ever MAP range was current.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Diamond pistons
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

The values in those tabs are the same for LT1 and LT4 calibrations. Lt4's run more than 150 kpa stock. Not exactly sure what they're for, but changing them makes no difference to the torque model.

changing them allows you to more accurately edit the torque coefficients if you were to do so. the VVT is the very last thing I edit, if at all.

changing the map sensor is a hardware change, like injectors, and the first thing you would edit before you start tuning the airflow models.

I put my VT back to stock but it does need to be adjusted.

Anything that requires any load on the engine now causes my MAX Engine Torque to come within 100lbs of my Peak TQ, and my driver demand goes below my commanded axle. I probably went too far on the last attempts but I'm still not 100% sure. I was chasing throttle closure. I was told I was logging the wrong one but was assured by TTS that I was not since they provided the chart layout.......sooooo if that's true I'm stuck at not opening more than ~60%.

My fuel trims are spot on now. In fact they do not deviate more than 2%. So I figured I would restart on my demand, peak etc.

Just to be sure, since there are several parameters that say throttle position, which one do any of you here use. It looks like the TPS voltage is also inverted compared to what I'm used to. It used to be .5-4.5 closed/open 1-5 for fords. Does anybody know the voltage range? I'd rather watch that. I understand it won't always be relative to pedal position/request but it will always be relative to blade position.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Diamond pistons
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7