Thread: Info on this tune in truck i bought.

Potential Tuner

Info on this tune in truck i bought.

Hello all.
    I am new to all this tuning stuff.
    Trying to learn using videos and such.
    I have looked at this tune.
    As far as I can tell its not stock.
    Can some one with more experience than I look at this and give me there opinion on it.
    Any help and info is greatly appreciated.
    The truck is an 04 originally a 4.8 now a 6.0.Also trans was originally a 4l60 now a 4l80.
    Past that I know of nothing else.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes, it's not stock.

It looks to be done correctly for swapping engines/calibrations aroudn. The 6.0 and 4L80e stuff seems to be right in the tune. It has minor changes to power enrichment and fueling along with timing but nothing really that crazy when just doing a quick look through. I'd be running 89+ octane in it for sure.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the insight and info I haven't been running 89 + for the past year that I have owned it but I will now.Do you think I may have caused any damage don't really get on it to much.Mostly normal driving.Thanks again

It's probably fine, the knock sensors would have removed timing if there was knock.

Without a data log it's hard to know if there was any on this tune. I just suggest it because the commanded AFR and slightly increased timing could cause knock on 87 octane.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Yes plan on doing this this weekend to see thanks for all the help and info.