Thread: PCM Swaps

PCM Swaps

Has anyone had Success swapping different PCM's? I have a V8_97_98_ECM, GM Gen3 V8 from a 1998 Camaro, and when writing a calibration it reads "Brickable." So Bill says it is sensitive to voltage fluctuations, its ancient. Dont really care to fix the Issue, Rather trying to figure out if I can make a Hardware change to a newer Gen 3 PCM and still retail body controls like A/C and Dash controls, ect. ect. Any help or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!!!

Advanced Tuner
    Use a regular 99-02 512kb P01 PCM, load 02 Camaro OS and you should be good. I believe the earlier F-Body's had different injectors and cam, so you should copy your Injector data, VE, and spark over.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Use a regular 99-02 512kb P01 PCM, load 02 Camaro OS and you should be good. I believe the earlier F-Body's had different injectors and cam, so you should copy your Injector data, VE, and spark over.
    Thank you Man! I appreciate that!!!