Thread: Reading out scrambled/Locked tune file

Reading out scrambled/Locked tune file

I have a 2016 S550 mustang in that was tuned by Lund. The owner no longer has the Ngauge and has added new mods. Since HPT will not allow me to view the file or define it for me so it works in HPT I will be reading out the Lund file as a .bin file. I already have a 2016 S550 stock .bin read so I will compare them in winols and put the stock strategy back in and or anything else that prevents hpt from opening it. I'll flash the modded bin back in and read out and edit with HPT. Anybody see any issues as to why this wouldn't work? By putting the strategy to stock HPT Should recognize it and the tables should be defined as long as they were not moved in the Lund OS. If they were moved I can copy the data over in Winols to the stock table locations.
    Last edited by BoostedYote; 02-03-2019 at 04:57 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Seems like a lot of work. I would just flash a tune off another S550 I've tuned. So are you just doing this to start with the Lund tune?

Yes. It's actually very easy

Senior Tuner
    I haven't gotten into WinOLS yet but I would imagine what you're saying would work if they didn't somehow write things all different places making it so you can't match it up

Worst case I could just redefine the tables in their new locations and edit it outside or hpt. I would just prefer to make it where I can read with hpt as their layout is much better them my other software

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedYote View Post
    I have a 2016 S550 mustang in that was tuned by Lund. The owner no longer has the Ngauge and has added new mods. Since HPT will not allow me to view the file or define it for me so it works in HPT I will be reading out the Lund file as a .bin file. I already have a 2016 S550 stock .bin read so I will compare them in winols and put the stock strategy back in and or anything else that prevents hpt from opening it. I'll flash the modded bin back in and read out and edit with HPT. Anybody see any issues as to why this wouldn't work? By putting the strategy to stock HPT Should recognize it and the tables should be defined as long as they were not moved in the Lund OS. If they were moved I can copy the data over in Winols to the stock table locations.
    You would just need to change the OS name and it will work.