Thread: ? on PCM/TCM writes

Advanced Tuner

? on PCM/TCM writes

The NGC3 controller is a separate PCM and TCM. But when you do a read it creates a single HPT file.

When you do a write the PCM and TCM are listed separately and the PCM has a Write Calibration option while the TCM only has a Write Entire option.

If I make changes to the trans tables, do I need to do a TCM full write or will a PCM Write Calibration do the job?

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    your question is quite unclear.

If you just want to flash the tcm, flash the tcm(assuming this feature is available for your application). The drop down box will give you all the options available. Writing the pcm writes the pcm, writing the tcm writes the tcm.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    The fact that a Read results in a single file is what has me confused. If I make changes to the timing and to the trans, will a Write Calibration to the PCM also write the Trans changes?

Quote Originally Posted by gottogo View Post
    The fact that a Read results in a single file is what has me confused. If I make changes to the timing and to the trans, will a Write Calibration to the PCM also write the Trans changes?
    No, if you make changes to PCM parameters, you need to write the PCM in order for the changes to take effect. If you make changes to trans parameters, you need to write the TCM. If you make changes to both, you need to write both.

Advanced Tuner
    That's the info I was looking for. Thanks.