Thread: 2018 + Hyundai GAMMA Engines

2018 + Hyundai GAMMA Engines

Flashing 2018 + Hyundai Turbo PCM's (KEFICO) will also be a hot ticket, Hyundai Motors America is now releasing a line of performance parts for these engine platforms.

Glad that HPTuners stepped into the Hyundai Community as the GAMMA engines have quite a good following and seem to be doing very well.

Plus there are a good amount of vendors already selling parts for these engines as well.

Tuner
    Issue with the newer ECU many are using is they are much more difficult to read/write. I understand there are units out there that can do so now. Not sure about the ability to read and edit maps though.

Potential Tuner
    Hi,
    U can tune this car, need to read the ECU via Bootloader or via PCMFlasher OBD
    i make Kia Ceed 1.4 T-GDI with : CPEGD2.20.3
    Hyundai i20 1.0 T-GDI with : CPEGD2.20.4
    And other i don't remeber : CPEGD2.20.1

Tuner
    I do not know anyone in the USA that can read/edit/flash them via OBD2 unless maybe BTR or Lap 3 USA. But they may do it via bench flash opening the ECU like Tork Motorsports does currently.

In Europe there is a device used to read/write but not sure about editing maps. It's pretty costly as well in terms of an individual wanting to tune with.

https://www.greentechnologydevices.c...sher-v2-1-0-1/
    Last edited by trdtoy; 01-28-2019 at 10:51 AM.

Potential Tuner
    https://ecutools.eu/chip-tuning/pcmflash/
    Cheaper than VF2Flasher
    U can use Bflash for all CPEGD

I do a lot with Bflash on bootloader, work like a charm

Tuner
    So what's needed and the process on these ECU using these items? Can Bflash read all the OEM tune files and edit them as well?

I've tried tuning these ECU some myself with what I have which is very limited and did not get far. Would like to have something user friendly with plenty of maps to work with to give it another try. But at around $6,000 USD, maybe not, lol!
    Last edited by trdtoy; 02-07-2019 at 11:12 PM.

I'd be happy to see the base model 2.0 non turbo be able to be edited.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyCool View Post
    I'd be happy to see the base model 2.0 non turbo be able to be edited.
    The 1.6 non-turbo gain up to around 15 whp and 30 wtq. I'm sure similar would be possible with the 2.0.