Thread: how to ajdust lnf boost with vcm suite 4.2

Potential Tuner

how to ajdust lnf boost with vcm suite 4.2

Hey everyone. This may be a stupid question however I can not seem to find the answer by looking and searching through the forums. I have an lnf cobalt that I haven't played with the tune on for a while now however I recently installed the zfr 6758 and got me a baseline tune through a tuner. I was looking to do a more aggressive tune for the track such as more boost however now that I have updated from suite 3.xx to 4.2 the tables have changed. I know before I could change the desired air load and wastegate duty cycle to get the boost pressure I was looking to obtain. With the update I can not seem to figure it out. right now I hit 24-25 psi max. I have the pressure rpm factor and pressure limit above that boost pressure so I know those are not my issues. Can someone please point me to the right tables to adjust? Thanks

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    everything is still there....new names.
    Torque model--> Torque to load=dal
    Airflow--> Turbo--> Duty cycle corr = wg duty table
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    thanks ok I see that now. I am now just having and issue adjusting my max boost. I adjusted the torque to load table little by little and don't see any changes to boost pressure. the pressure limit is 28psi. I still seem to only be able to manage 25. could some one take a look at my tune and maybe give me some advice on what I need to adjust or what im overlooking and doing wrong?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by beihl304 View Post
    thanks ok I see that now. I am now just having and issue adjusting my max boost. I adjusted the torque to load table little by little and don't see any changes to boost pressure. the pressure limit is 28psi. I still seem to only be able to manage 25. could some one take a look at my tune and maybe give me some advice on what I need to adjust or what im overlooking and doing wrong?
    Oh my you have some learning to do...

LNF turbo is maxing its efficiency at ~23psi. And it won't hold that to redline, you'll see it taper off to about 21psi at redline. Turbo simply cannot flow enough to keep boost pressure at those rpm levels.

I personally would not recommend 25psi on a stock turbo. It's just causing heat to build up quicker.

23psi spike, hold 21 at redline. that's all you'll get from the K04.

i target 20 psi where it picks up the most torque around 3000 rpm and then try increasing boost to get it to hold that torque for as long as i can.
    the crank and gearbox thrust bearings will thank you for not beating the hell out of the engine by using full pressure at 3k.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePanduuh View Post
    Oh my you have some learning to do...

LNF turbo is maxing its efficiency at ~23psi. And it won't hold that to redline, you'll see it taper off to about 21psi at redline. Turbo simply cannot flow enough to keep boost pressure at those rpm levels.

I personally would not recommend 25psi on a stock turbo. It's just causing heat to build up quicker.

23psi spike, hold 21 at redline. that's all you'll get from the K04.
    If you read my first post I mention that I have the efr 6758 however you are correct I do have some learning to do. I managed to run a 12.67 at 115 with the baseline tune I was talking about. I was looking to just a few more psi that the 6758 can handle just couldn?t seem to get the boost to come up no matter what I changed. Anyways I went back to the original conservative tune I received that my car liked with zero knock. Now it seems that I get knock at 5500 rpm in every gear at wot. Just another problem I will have to sort out I suppose

Potential Tuner
    yup, that was a derp on my end.

what were you adjusting to get the boost level up?
    I think you're looking for DAL, which I believe is now Torque to Load table.
    and obviously the WGDC as you've known about.

Potential Tuner
    Some things came up so I had to put messing around with tune on hold for a bit. It seems that I have to adjust my wgdc to 95% to get any the boost to increase. from my understanding I would want the max to be at 89%. ive tried adjusting DAL and the wgdc correction table alone and I don't seem to get any change. is this normal with the zfr 6758? Also I notice say in third gear at wot I can hear what sounds almost like the turbo fluttering?

On another note, when logging my boost the highest it will show is 22.58. I have the three bar maps and all. the boost gauge will usually show around 23-25. I don't know why but I am having a hard time wrapping my head around these issues. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    If your talking boost psi that's because the ecm only reads up to 255kpa or 22 psi

you can read higher than that in a log.
    you need to record boost from the boost lo res channel which is the charge pipe sensor.

Advanced Tuner
    Oh nice didnt know that, good shit

typical user defined parameter is boost lo res - baro= actual boost.

Advanced Tuner
    when i made my lnf layout i just used my lsj one and never really messed with it since everything read for the most part so i just made new histograms to mirror the lnf stuff. i dont have access to a lnf to try them out. im sure my 17 cruze can but that thing wont see that high of boost so kinda pointless for me to do that but glad to learn about that.

the lnf is its own deal. the cruze and spark have a different ecu model than the true OG LNF.

Advanced Tuner
    Yep the e80a ecm for the new gen Cruze. Not sure about the spark. But all I know stay away from the Cruze le2 and Malibu 1.5 lfv. Cracking pistons lol. No good sir

I had a sonic hatch with rods pistons and a lnf ko4+

Advanced Tuner
    Havent had a lnf before but ive only done a few but I have had a few 2.0l Malibus and have had a couple 1st gen cruzes setting knock sensor codes. GM said to put pistons in. gm isnt doing to hot in the engine department for cars at least. Trucks are having different issues. Co worker just got a spark in with metal throughout. Scored cams and caps so we shall see when it gets torn down haha