Thread: 2003 s10 4.3 / 4l60e tune?

Potential Tuner

2003 s10 4.3 / 4l60e tune?

i'm new to this. looking to buy the HPTuners Pro, as well as my credits...

i have a 2003 s10 with the 4.3 and 4l60e.

i'm looking to have a little better fuel mileage as well as overall performance out of the engine.

i'm also hoping to get better shift quality out of the transmission. i'm also looking to add the selectable second shift map "tow/haul" feature as well, like the blazers have and the full size trucks, since it was not an option on the s10. i do tow a car dolly at times, and would also like some engine braking and be able to tow in D instead of 3...

are there any tunes or experienced users that have any ideas/advice, or pre-made tunes for the engine or the trans that have what i'm looking for? if so, please share.

Potential Tuner
    i have seen that i can copy shift values from a 5.3 fullsize... any truth?

Tuner in Training
    shoot me a message I do mostly s-10

Potential Tuner
    If you're looking to add a tow/haul function into your s10 it is possible to add the stock tow haul from a blazer equipped. Remove the tow haul switch / harness and bcm from a donor blazer at a pick and pull and install into your vehicle. To get the vehicle running you will need to use a scan tool to perform the security relearn procedure. This procedure will copy over the VIN from the BCM to SDM as well as reset your security. If you do not do this procedure you will get a B1001 VIN mismatch between the BCM and SDM. I have been running this setup for 8 years now in my '02 s10.

You will not get away from towing in 3 though, its the nature of the beast. I tow an enclosed 2 place snowmobile trailer at 65mph in Michigan in 3rd and get 11-13mpg depending on conditions.

I intend on getting HP Tuners to tweak things though as well as work on another project 3800 engine swap.

Potential Tuner
    I'm really interested in this as well. I have a 00 Jimmy with the same engine and trans and wanted to see what others have been doing to their stock tune to get some more power out of it.

Potential Tuner
    Hello benchtop . Ihave a 2000 s 10 that i have installed a new 4.3 with a 452 intake lift 465 exhaust 270 durtaion 110 lobe sep , have installed headers and move Maf directly above throttle body, I have got it to idle better but no low end and tranny shift eratically , it is brand new too. what do I need to make this run right.?

Potential Tuner
    ive been playing around with my 98 sonoma with a 76mm turbo used the stock tune and a wideband and started tweaking things til it ran good. got a video on youtube under exhaust addicts search for sonoma