Thread: need help having issues with knock retard

Potential Tuner

need help having issues with knock retard

having an issue with knock retard when coming to a stop sometimes 7 or more log and tune are attached below its a 2003 escalade lt headers and camCADDY 1.07.hpl2003 Cadillac Escalade cmd attp 2.00.hpt

Try lowering your idle timing in drive to something like 15 degrees instead of 24. Also disable burst knock and see what that does.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    Try lowering your idle timing in drive to something like 15 degrees instead of 24. Also disable burst knock and see what that does.
    ok ill try that and let you know how that goes thanks

Potential Tuner
    it seems to have helped it doesn't act like it wants to die now when coming to a stop but something weird is happening on my chart it shows in the live feed some knock but doesn't show retard in the graph 16:44:30 slight knock CADDY 1.08.hpl

I think you are out of fuel with the knock at full throttle. A 6.0 with cam/headers is probably past the limits of the factory 25lb/hr injectors. Your o2 mv take a nose dive. I don't see a wideband in the logs or your injector information to see what the duty cycle is like.

If you have the graph setup to show "A" for average that is why it won't show because 99% of the time it's not knocking at that cylinder airmass. Switch it to the "max" or the + sign and it'll show knock in those cells.

I'd be looking at maybe some vibration causing extra knock. Like the headers touching something or worn out motor mounts. But for sure get fueling corrected with a wideband and probably are going to have to get larger injectors. So don't get too deep into airflow model corrections without those.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I think you are out of fuel with the knock at full throttle. A 6.0 with cam/headers is probably past the limits of the factory 25lb/hr injectors. Your o2 mv take a nose dive. I don't see a wideband in the logs or your injector information to see what the duty cycle is like.

If you have the graph setup to show "A" for average that is why it won't show because 99% of the time it's not knocking at that cylinder airmass. Switch it to the "max" or the + sign and it'll show knock in those cells.

I'd be looking at maybe some vibration causing extra knock. Like the headers touching something or worn out motor mounts. But for sure get fueling corrected with a wideband and probably are going to have to get larger injectors. So don't get too deep into airflow model corrections without those.
    thanks for the input and expertise I know my headers rattle a little against the steering shaft didn't really think much of that causing "knock" and I have no clue as to why my injector duty cycle isn't showing up any more it used to ill have to go in and re apply that and that makes since on the running out of fuel in the wot but this thing used to get 13 mpg before the cam but I think only gets 8 city and as long as I baby it and keep out of it she gets 12 highway which is killing me since its my daily ill re apply the duty cycle and re upload a new file

Potential Tuner
    CADDY 1.09 WOT 15.53.54.hpl wide open throttle at 15.53.54 knock at very top with max injector duty cycle knock with down shifts going to check my motor mounts and see how bad they are considering I had a severe power steering leak which stripped the paint off my frame rails probably destroyed my motor mount too any other advice would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance