Thread: Transmission>Torque Management>General>"Snub Tqlim Enable" What is it?

Tuner in Training

Transmission>Torque Management>General>"Snub Tqlim Enable" What is it?

I have a 2007 dodge charger for which I am tuning the transmission. The TCM has this parameter called "Snub Tqlim enable = 59mph". Its under torque management so I assume that it either limits some type of torque or sets a speed for limiting to take place. There is no description in the help section and only two references I could find in the forums. Does anyone have a clue what its used for? Does it allow the torque converter clutch, clutches or brakes in the trans to slip to lower torque output of the transmission itself? Does it tell the ecm to lower the torque output of the engine? Anyone have a clue what the Acronym "SNUB" means? Any help Identifying what this is and how it is used will be greatly appreciated

SNUB - rebuff, ignore, or spurn disdainfully. Maybe ignore torque managment after 59mph.
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

Tuner in Training
    Thank you. I feel like such a noob now. lol So does that mean I could potentially set it to 0 and not have to worry about modifying most if not all Trans TM settings and tables? I wouldn't do that but could it work?

Senior Tuner
    Snub braking - Snub braking is a method of braking that requires frequent heavy brake pedal input followed by periods of coasting. Under this braking method, a safe descent speed is achieved and the brakes are applied somewhat heavily until the speed of the vehicle is reduced by roughly 5 mph. Once the reduction is achieved, the brakes are released until the vehicle once again reaches is maximum perceived safe speed. The process is repeated, cycling between the regarded safe vehicle speed and slightly below said speed. Driver discretion is required to determine a safe descent speed, which is likely to be below the speed limit of the roadway.