Thread: overspeed/underspeed table adjustment leads to more misfires

Tuner in Training

overspeed/underspeed table adjustment leads to more misfires

I just installed a texas speed cam 216/220 .600 lift 112 lsa and a 2600 stall converter. I wanted to be able to hear and feel the cam more by adjusting the overspeed, underspeed tables. When I subtract to the overspeed and add to the underspeed to get that sound and feel, I get the random misfire code and I see around 180 misfires or so in a cycle on the VCM scanner. Do I adjust my idle in park and in drive tables? 02 silverado up to date tune FEB 8 cam under over speed change.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    I don't believe the idle over/under speeds will cause a misfire issue by adjusting them to be more aggressive or not. after a cam swap i disable the dtc P0300 because a cam swap in my experience causes a misfire issue with the ecm even if there isn't a issue so as long as you don't have a mechanical issue with the valve train or a dead misfire or pretty steady misfire on any one specific cylinder(s) and all your getting is some random counts here and there and resets back to 0 on multiple cylinders and you know it isn't misfiring just disable the code
    Last edited by TCSS07; 02-09-2019 at 06:34 PM.

Tuner in Training
    ok thanks for the reply

I usually use these tables to adjust the cam sound, usually to get a more crisp sound out of the cam
    try using positive 22 on the under speed table all across I think tha'll do the trick. over speed look ok to me
    Last edited by Lone_mfkn_wolf; 02-09-2019 at 07:53 PM.